ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best thing about being a Postie?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Best thing about being a Postie?
Getting your parcel/packet before it gets delayed by managerial incompetence!
-
Nick b
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Best thing about being a Postie?
Respect! They all think, Oh or only a postman. But they say it because they are jealous, jealous that we are well paid, pension, camaraderie male and female. Most off those I joined with said,"I'll try it till I getting something better and are still here 10/20/30 years later. RM is still a job for life. Despite what the sinics say.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Best thing about being a Postie?
Ha Hawoopesh wrote:Never quite saw the point in Peshwari Naan myself. Always preferred a plain Naan with meat curries or a keema naan or garlic naan if wanting something a bit different.
Don't like it myself either!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Best thing about being a Postie?
Not necessarily the best thing but whenever I have to take my car to a garage or need tradesmen to do work on the house I always make a point of making them aware I'm a postie... the psychology being that they'll do a good job for me or I'll be telling all my customers not to use them!
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Best thing about being a Postie?
Equally they might think their postie is a w****r and spit on your dipstick.wacko74 wrote:Not necessarily the best thing but whenever I have to take my car to a garage or need tradesmen to do work on the house I always make a point of making them aware I'm a postie... the psychology being that they'll do a good job for me or I'll be telling all my customers not to use them!
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Best thing about being a Postie?
Best thing about being a postie? Knocking on someone's door, especially older folk and chatting for a minute, you're probably the only person that they see that day and it is a great feeling. And getting to know people on your round and getting waves and hello's from them even on your day off.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Best thing about being a Postie?
Yes, definitely.bmccoll wrote:Best thing about being a postie? Knocking on someone's door, especially older folk and chatting for a minute, you're probably the only person that they see that day and it is a great feeling. And getting to know people on your round and getting waves and hello's from them even on your day off.
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
Best thing about being a Postie?
Have to agree with those pointsTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Best things about being a postie:
Working outside instead of in a stuffy office.
You mainly rely on yourself when working.
You can rely on most of your co-workers in a pinch.
Well respected amongst the community you work in.
Decent pay (at the moment).
Keeps you fit.
Once delivering its not that stressful.
Community Spirit.
The Camaraderie.
Christmas Tips. (non-monetary ones are the best)