ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM:With your Neighbour slips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12202
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by SpacePhoenix »

mudmonster wrote:Why can.t we do what Parcel Force does ,put a card saying to pickup at local Post Office after a certain time .(Not Rocket Science Is It ?? :hmmmm :hmmmm )
How many PO brances could cope with that many items + Tracked local collect items + whatever is being posted?
franco1
Posts: 185
Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by franco1 »

How many PO brances could cope with that many items + Tracked local collect items + whatever is being posted?
The exact number of PO branches able to cope would be equivalent to the number of new PO branches that RM create. Simples.
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by stan_lers »

toomuchcoke wrote:... and let's not even get started on the ones who don't bother to read surcharge notices, which aren't even the same colour as P739s! :arrrghhh
And then they start asking questions like whether they can you pay you there on the doorstep and when it gets delivered. Is it so hard to just read the card? Every time I have to basically spell out what the card says when they have it in their hand because they couldn't be bothered to read it and are so confused.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

toomuchcoke wrote:... and let's not even get started on the ones who don't bother to read surcharge notices, which aren't even the same colour as P739s! :arrrghhh
have to say since they started the new booking in system, and including surcharges in it, I haven't had one customer come out complaining yet. :pray
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by rambo1 »

Instead of filling out all the boxes on a 739 I just write in big letters 'parcel left at no. 8 ' or whatever, and circle it, in the space for the address. Never had any complaints, easy enough to see. Unbelievable (actually, yes it is believable for royal mail) to go to the bother of making the new ones, and on top of that, to make em out of paper!
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by rambo1 »

fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.
Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by fb1969 »

rambo1 wrote:
fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.
Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.
FFS - didn't you read my previous reply to someone else trying to patronise me? I didn't say I had left anything I was just posting a note I had read!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips

Post by rambo1 »

fb1969 wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.
Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.
FFS - didn't you read my previous reply to someone else trying to patronise me? I didn't say I had left anything gI was just posting a note I had read!
Sore.....reeeeee! Chill out.