ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Safeplacing packets
-
MOSCOW FYLER
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 20:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
Only leave parcels out of sight in sheds/greenhouses for people who tip me at Xmas but don't go out of my way to knock on neighbours doors or leave parcels anywhere for people who don't. Having read all these posts though I thinking is it worth loosing your job for a bottle of plonk....
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
shouldnt be doing that, your breaking the law by doing that,Shaman Mao wrote: I always take a photo of the label and where I left the parcel.
-
Hjones9007
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 20:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
I only ever leave tracked with a designated safe place on the label in the designated safe place otherwise I p739 it and bring it back regardless of notes on doors etc.
Just think if someone followed you and saw you place the parcel in a bin or shed and then took it. Who would be to blame!!
Just think if someone followed you and saw you place the parcel in a bin or shed and then took it. Who would be to blame!!
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
only trying to help the guy from breaking the law and getting into troublebringon4dayweeks wrote:i bet youve got plenty of friendszx135 wrote:shouldnt be doing that, your breaking the law by doing that,Shaman Mao wrote: I always take a photo of the label and where I left the parcel.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 27 Nov 2013, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal comment removed
Reason: Personal comment removed
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Safeplacing packets
does it say you can not take a photo in public ? all the rules say you can not take photos videos on royal mail property
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
Taking photographs of names and addresses on labels is a breach of the data protection actbringon4dayweeks wrote:does it say you can not take a photo in public ? all the rules say you can not take photos videos on royal mail property
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
I wouldn't advise taking photos of anything work related,on RM property,in a van or on customer's property.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Safeplacing packets
i always write safe place item on the docket so you are covered but then again i might get done for defacing a rm item hey zx135?
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Safeplacing packets
What defense is that if a parcel goes missing?Shaman Mao wrote:Trackeds should only be safeplaced if there are specific instructions on the packet i.e "Safeplace - in garage, behind shed" etc. I always take a photo of the label and where I left the parcel.
For ordinary parcels I wouldn't leave them anywhere unless the customer has set up an official safeplace. I have 3 on my walk and they've all sent written confirmation to the DOM.
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Safeplacing packets
CAPS ON BECAUSE YES I AM ANGRY
BOTH OF YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL AND BOTH OF YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE OTHER DOING THE SAME THING AS WHAT YOU ARE GUILTY OF.
IF IT CONTINUES I WILL ISSUE A TEMP BAN OF 1 DAY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER
1. Do not make any personal comments.
2. Do not make any direct accusations we are not a court and we can't rule on it.
Now any chance of behaving like adults and making this unpaid voluntary job of moderating RMC a little easier.
BOTH OF YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL AND BOTH OF YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE OTHER DOING THE SAME THING AS WHAT YOU ARE GUILTY OF.
IF IT CONTINUES I WILL ISSUE A TEMP BAN OF 1 DAY FOR BOTH OF YOU.
CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER
1. Do not make any personal comments.
2. Do not make any direct accusations we are not a court and we can't rule on it.
Now any chance of behaving like adults and making this unpaid voluntary job of moderating RMC a little easier.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
"use delivery to neighbour to maximise the volume of first-time parcel delivery and reduce the volumes returned to the enquiry office for collection or redilvery" quote from a christmas leaflet from RM.. so if a neighbour says they didn't receive it who do RM believe?
-
S6 Stroller
- Posts: 199
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
Quite odd really, because we've been told by our DOM to do precisely that. If a Tracked item has a specific Safeplace instruction on it, we are advised to take a photo of it to 'cover yourself'. The thinking, if indeed there is any, seems to go along these lines ; Since the instruction has been printed on the label by the sender, they have basically okayed it being left in that place. If it goes walkies, presumably it's their tough sh*t. Until it actually happens obviously and then the postie gets in the neck, as usual.zx135 wrote:Taking photographs of names and addresses on labels is a breach of the data protection actbringon4dayweeks wrote:does it say you can not take a photo in public ? all the rules say you can not take photos videos on royal mail property
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
If a customer spoke to me like that I would be asking my DOM about suspending deliveries to that customers addressfishtank wrote:I went to a door with an SD and there was a note saying leave at number whatever,so I 739,d it and as I'm walking down the path the woman from number whatever comes out and says you've to leave it with me...UnhappyGremlin wrote:I've had SD's with 'please leave in safe place if out' written on them.
I can't.
Why not?
I'm not allowed.
Why not?
It's against our security procedure.
But I got a flyer saying you could leave with neighbours.
Not this though,It's a special delivery.
Why not?
It's a special delivery.It's against our security procedure.
You're an awkward c***.
Pardon
f**k Off.
Have a nice day.
Customers...don't you just love them.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
After 20 years of it,it just makes me laugh.sussexlad wrote:If a customer spoke to me like that I would be asking my DOM about suspending deliveries to that customers address
I'm not precious enough to get upset,insecure enough to get spooked or interested enough to give a flying f**k what some punter thinks of me.
All it does is break up an otherwise boring day.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplacing packets
Oh I could take it no problems but I would do it just so the customer knows who has the upper hand regarding their deliveries. Nothing would give me me greater pleasure then see them standing in the rain waiting to get into the callers office to pick up their mail!! I might even give them a little toot and a wave as I drive past.fishtank wrote:After 20 years of it,it just makes me laugh.sussexlad wrote:If a customer spoke to me like that I would be asking my DOM about suspending deliveries to that customers address
I'm not precious enough to get upset,insecure enough to get spooked or interested enough to give a flying f**k what some punter thinks of me.
All it does is break up an otherwise boring day.