Well said . I do have an account with equiniti and if you use them a lot it can go down to 0.5% and maximum of £50 per trade. I have bought through equiniti and barclays stockbrokers for these shares but it will be interesting to see if I get shares from both.wacko74 wrote:Can we try and keep the bitterness and resentment out of this and concentrate on the facts and Q & A's regarding the priority shares.
If you want to discuss the morals and principles of buying extra shares then start a new thread on it.
For the record I've applied to buy extra shares, I've also voted YES to strike action and will be walking out.
In answer to the earlier question Equiniti the RM nominee shareholder charge 1% when selling, which is quite steep compared to other options available, but I'm guessing buying through them is our only option if we want to get employee priority, so bit of a catch 22 situation.
Thanks to RobertT for the answers so far, seems to have bit more share knowledge than the average thick postie (me!)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
priority shares
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: priority shares
-
FinishOnTime
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 25 Apr 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
Firmly against privatisation and have already voted yes for a strike. I have no problem whatsoever with postal workers buying extra shares though. If there's a few quid to be made, I would rather my colleagues made it than than some guy in Surrey just adding to his already vast "portfolio" of shares.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
Thanks for that! I don't claim to be an expert but I have had the best part of 15 years experience in equity investment, mainly in pooled funds via pensions and unit trusts/ISA's, and believe me I have experienced the ups and downs of the stock market in that time!wacko74 wrote:Thanks to RobertT for the answers so far, seems to have bit more share knowledge than the average thick postie (me!)
I understand the principles of people who don't want to buy any shares, but as someone else has said, I don't really see the difference in RM employees buying them or the general public. If there's money to be made, why not make some yourself? And also consider that if you have a pension fund, endowment or other equity based product, you may well be buying and benefiting from RM shares without really knowing it.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
You do know that you're not supposed to make more than one application don't you?cloherty1976 wrote:I have bought through equiniti and barclays stockbrokers for these shares but it will be interesting to see if I get shares from both.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: priority shares
So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dt123
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00
Re: priority shares
wacko74 wrote:Can we try and keep the bitterness and resentment out of this and concentrate on the facts and Q & A's regarding the priority shares.
If you want to discuss the morals and principles of buying extra shares then start a new thread on it.
For the record I've applied to buy extra shares, I've also voted YES to strike action and will be walking out.
In answer to the earlier question Equiniti the RM nominee shareholder charge 1% when selling, which is quite steep compared to other options available, but I'm guessing buying through them is our only option if we want to get employee priority, so bit of a catch 22 situation.
Thanks to RobertT for the answers so far, seems to have bit more share knowledge than the average thick postie (me!)
I think you'll find that this thread was started around the moral and principled stance of employees returning their shares. The people who are using this as a share clinic and the best way to make money out of their colleagues T&Cs are the ones that have hijacked the thread.So tuck your FT under your arm, and see if you can find a forum under the heading of 'double standards' or even 'I've got a bit of spare cash so I'll sell my soul for a quick buck'
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
No it wasn't!dt123 wrote:I think you'll find that this thread was started around the moral and principled stance of employees returning their shares.
The first post reads:
shepherdess wrote:Has anyone taken up the offer if so how much ? Also in the press it says only 100 postmen have turned down the free shares
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
So now you're comparing RM employees buying shares to the holocaust?clashcityrocker wrote:So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
Nothing else to say but that's the most moronic post I've ever read on any forum, ever.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: priority shares
I'm not comparing buying shares to the Holocaust.OnAFlyer wrote:So now you're comparing RM employees buying shares to the holocaust?clashcityrocker wrote:So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
Nothing else to say but that's the most moronic post I've ever read on any forum, ever.
Your post is devoid of any morality. My question was simply to ascertain where your morality begins and ends.
Taking gold fillings was unacceptable because..........
Supporting attacks on trade unions and the terms of their members is acceptable because..........
Either you can defend your position or you can call me a f***ing idiot. Which can you manage?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
clashcityrocker wrote:I'm not comparing buying shares to the Holocaust.OnAFlyer wrote:So now you're comparing RM employees buying shares to the holocaust?clashcityrocker wrote:So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
Nothing else to say but that's the most moronic post I've ever read on any forum, ever.
Your post is devoid of any morality. My question was simply to ascertain where your morality begins and ends.
Taking gold fillings was unacceptable because..........
Supporting attacks on trade unions and the terms of their members is acceptable because..........
Either you can defend your position or you can call me a f***ing idiot. Which can you manage?
Your post Clash was in very poor taste, and thats putting it mildly.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: priority shares
I have done the one through Royal Mail and one is in the wife's name through barclays. Just hoping she gets her quota of shares as they look a good thing to us.RobertT wrote:You do know that you're not supposed to make more than one application don't you?cloherty1976 wrote:I have bought through equiniti and barclays stockbrokers for these shares but it will be interesting to see if I get shares from both.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
OK fair enough.cloherty1976 wrote:I have done the one through Royal Mail and one is in the wife's name through barclays. Just hoping she gets her quota of shares as they look a good thing to us.RobertT wrote:You do know that you're not supposed to make more than one application don't you?cloherty1976 wrote:I have bought through equiniti and barclays stockbrokers for these shares but it will be interesting to see if I get shares from both.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: priority shares
You did give me a scare because I did not read this and I only put it in her name as reached my capital gains tax limit for this year. That's why I will be keeping mine but want a profit on hers.RobertT wrote:OK fair enough.cloherty1976 wrote:I have done the one through Royal Mail and one is in the wife's name through barclays. Just hoping she gets her quota of shares as they look a good thing to us.RobertT wrote:You do know that you're not supposed to make more than one application don't you?cloherty1976 wrote:I have bought through equiniti and barclays stockbrokers for these shares but it will be interesting to see if I get shares from both.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: priority shares
RobertT did you read all 447 pages as I just read the first 50 and that was it for me. Interesting reading all the same.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: priority shares
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:I opted out as I wont be here in 3 years. Ill be lucky to be in here in 1 year the way things are going with the bullying,harrassing,and set ups, plus im nearly crippledIm glad 99 bretheren stood with me
Regarding buying shares, its good for a quick buck, they`ll rise sharply at the start, then the decline will begin afer 3-4 weeks. The £2000 you have been promised, as with all privatised firms, will be worth peanuts by the time you can sell them. Once they start selling off buildings, cutting the post office counters out the equasion, staff will be demoralised, service will be bad, the price will plummet.
I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."