ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Infectious householders!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Izzy
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by Izzy »

When prepping D2D I usually find myself licking the tips of my fingertips every now n then. Have often wondered how many germs I have introduced to hundreds of homes over the years. Also before PDAs we used to give our biros to customers for signing. I used to keep mine in my right hand trouser pocket......along with my tissue, mobile etc.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by pinstripe »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fng wrote: P.S are there any jobs going with RMCHAT police ?
Sure - just talk sense and you're in.

RMCHAT Police!!!

Don't they have to guard the 'naughty room'?

What are they doing here?

Who the hell is watching DGP? He could be loose! :nervous :nervous :nervous
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello.
What's being discussed in this thread?

Do any of you deliver to Lesby Avenue?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:'Ello 'Ello 'Ello.
What's being discussed in this thread?

Do any of you deliver to Lesby Avenue?
Are you from the 1950's officer?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by fishtank »

I prefer the 1970's RMC Police.
We're The Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner.
Get yer trousers on, you're nicked.
...and we take bribes.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

The 1950s were a lot more innocent though.
A copper could give you a clip round the ear and remove your belt and shoelaces.

The 70s was when the rot started to set in. Armed blags became commonplace and Sus/SPG caused inner city strife.
Being macho was more important than community policing.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by DGP1 »

Image
I'm not too sure what SPG had to do with the rot setting in..........he was just a hamster :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

Just where do you keep your rubber truncheon DGP...............is it really a truncheon?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by clashcityrocker »

DGP1 wrote:Image
I'm not too sure what SPG had to do with the rot setting in..........he was just a hamster :nervous :chuckle
I can't believe you have posted a picture of a rodent.
Have you any idea what diseases it might be carrying?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Image
I'm not too sure what SPG had to do with the rot setting in..........he was just a hamster :nervous :chuckle
I can't believe you have posted a picture of a rodent.
Have you any idea what diseases it might be carrying?
Calm down, calm down, it's not real - although exactly what DGP has been doing with it...........it looks a bit raggedy round the nether regions.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by Stella102 »

if someone is quite clearly ill, then swiftly walk away and report the household as hazardous.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Infectious householders!!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy I once caught warts from a customer!
Now then stokesy, we're talking about deliveries here :chuckle
:Very Happy My hand was covered--just because I gave this man my pen.
:chuckle :chuckle OK we believe you, thousands wouldn't :Very Happy