ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by skull »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
postypie wrote:today i delivered 400 d2d's
You only have to do 1/6th a day

The way things are going it might be 1/6th.
patpat856
Posts: 30
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 18:41
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by patpat856 »

Same house every week hands their D2D's back to me, I write the address on them and mark them refused.
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by Patrick Clifton »

spoodoo wrote:Patrick the guy was only asking a question , no need to be nasty to the man.
Where was I nasty?
Bahia Feliz wrote: You only have to do 1/6th a day
His 1/6th may have been 100 delivery points x 4 d2d's
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by Lounge Lizard »

briantwigley wrote:I ignore any signs and deliver anyway. The only houses I dont deliver D2Ds to are empty ones or inaccessible ones.

Pretty much everything we deliver is s**t anyway, all these poxy catalogues and scams theres just nothing we can do.
I deliver Door To Doors to empty houses too :Very Happy That nobody lives there is no excuse. :shock:
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by TheCobra »

I just post them and ignore the signs, only hassle I've ever had was a really aggressive bloke on an old round I did (in a rough area) who said in no uncertain terms that he didn't want them. So I didn't bother after that! I'm sure it's common sense really, if you're getting hassle off the householder then don't put your own safety at risk for the sake of some pesky adverts.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by Bahia Feliz »

postypie wrote:today i delivered 400 d2d's
Just out of interest postypie,was it d2d's to 400 different houses or was it 100 houses x 4 d2d's or 80 x 5 etc?
Just curious thanks
BillyPosty
Posts: 237
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by BillyPosty »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
postypie wrote:today i delivered 400 d2d's
You only have to do 1/6th a day
We do 1/6th a day. As a floater I often get people saying "I've already put tomorrows in the fitting for you - there's a few extra so I can have none to do on Saturday". I just pull the extras out - w@nkers.
JP1
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Aug 2011, 23:49
Gender: Male

Re: NO JUNK MAIL PLEASE.......

Post by JP1 »

We don't do D2Ds on a Saturday, so if you've got one of the bigger frames, twice a week you're doing two columns of them.

But yeah, I ignore the no junk mail signs. Unless there's a notice on my frame, everyone gets them. I really hate handing someone a D2D when they're at their door or getting into their car or something unless they have other mail, so sometimes, if it's the only thing meant for them, I'll take it back and do it the next day. :shhhhh