ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shortage Of Boxes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Shortage Of Boxes

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:How do you load a york with upside down boxes?
You make a stack the right way round then you turn them over and put into a york :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Shortage Of Boxes

Post by fishtank »

Turn the york upside down and stack them normally. :nervous :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Shortage Of Boxes

Post by DGP1 »

Get one of the Aussies to stack them :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Shortage Of Boxes

Post by PhilthyPhil »

DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:How do you load a york with upside down boxes?
You make a stack the right way round then you turn them over and put into a york :nervous
Or just stack them upside down in the first place to save turning them. Or stack them individualy into the york as you empty them when on the IPS. We have always put empty trays upside down, I don't see what is difficult about it.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Shortage Of Boxes

Post by DGP1 »

PhilthyPhil wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:How do you load a york with upside down boxes?
You make a stack the right way round then you turn them over and put into a york :nervous
Or just stack them upside down in the first place to save turning them. Or stack them individualy into the york as you empty them when on the IPS. We have always put empty trays upside down, I don't see what is difficult about it.
It's not but there's no time on the IWT to allow for it :nervous so we can't do it :nana

plus, the state of the trays coming down from the MC leaves a lot to be desired............used chewing gum/coffee cups/sweet wrappers/wage slips :hmmmm all in trays when I tip them out to prep.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio