ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
lets solve cutting off and confrontation
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
Post Bitch - quite simply this is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. Do you have children to collect 10 mins after your official finish time?, if you did you'd realise what an idiotic post this is.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
Could you manage with less..................erm a lot lesspost_bitch wrote:your contracted hours or 8 inchesLincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch.![]()
![]()
![]()
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
In my previous job there similar fluctuations. We were expected to work 'reasonable' overtime (it was in our contracts). Many people were spoken to, and some warnings handed out for not working this overtime. One week I was asked to work 4 hrs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I offered one hour and was told no, 4 hrs or nothing. On the Friday I was called in to the office, apparently to be given a warning. I explained I was more than happy to be flexible and work up to one hour every single day, and occasionally sat and sun mornings. I argued this was most 'reasonable', and wasn't given the warning. By the way, overtime was paid at the proper going rate, ie time and a half no matter how many hours you worked, and double time on a Sunday.
I agree that some people refuse to be flexible, and the nature of the job, these fluctuations in workload, requires people to work longer hours some days. However what is deemed 'reasonable'? Also, not being paid for work done, and the ridiculous overtime rate (standard rate for me, £8-odd) is very good reason not to work any overtime at all.
I agree that some people refuse to be flexible, and the nature of the job, these fluctuations in workload, requires people to work longer hours some days. However what is deemed 'reasonable'? Also, not being paid for work done, and the ridiculous overtime rate (standard rate for me, £8-odd) is very good reason not to work any overtime at all.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8953
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
Or possibly 12 inches but don't use it as a rulepost_bitch wrote:your contracted hours or 8 inchesLincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch.![]()
![]()
![]()
........Coat...............
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
To be fair to Postbitch, I understand her concern regarding confrontation with management and how this can be eradicated from the job. The simple way is to make the job a professional salaried position, paying a salary that a family can live on, and the job is full time, start to finish each day, swings and roundabouts with early and late finish. Yes, I know that there is as much chance of this as Royal Mail not being privatised.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
Naughty room---------------------------blue1873 wrote:Or possibly 12 inches but don't use it as a rulepost_bitch wrote:your contracted hours or 8 inchesLincox wrote:Whats a Satisfactory Length Postbitch.![]()
![]()
![]()
........Coat...............
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation

clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
That's disgustingpost_bitch wrote:
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
I'll do 2 hours extra on heavier/peak times.
I'll start 2 hours earlier for docket, but no way am I working 2 hours over, no fecking thank you.
A lot of us have kids who need piced up from school, because our partners have to work because RM wage aint gonna pay the bills.
I didnt sign up to work til 4 or 5pm.
RM 20 years or so ago would guarantee 20 hours docket per week at Xmas when people were working from 5am to 5pm but they stopped it.
I'll start 2 hours earlier for docket, but no way am I working 2 hours over, no fecking thank you.
A lot of us have kids who need piced up from school, because our partners have to work because RM wage aint gonna pay the bills.
I didnt sign up to work til 4 or 5pm.
RM 20 years or so ago would guarantee 20 hours docket per week at Xmas when people were working from 5am to 5pm but they stopped it.
-
S6 Stroller
- Posts: 199
- Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 23:00
- Gender: Male
Re: lets solve cutting off and confrontation
That's what gets me wound up more than anything and will be the thing that pushes me over the edge i.e refusing to do any O/T whatsoever. You do the work. You claim the O/T. Lino signs it off. Come pay day 2 hours of it (or whatever) hasn't been paid. WTF? This happens time and again and you're expected to find time during your working day to go and beg for it to be paid. Totally pisses me off.NewPostieUK wrote:]Also, not being paid for work done[/b], and the ridiculous overtime rate (standard rate for me, £8-odd) is very good reason not to work any overtime at all.