REAP_Deadman_Walking-front-large.jpg
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sign Nothing
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign Nothing
I presume that when all these extra vans appear for the "Great Van Sharing Experience" then RM will be begging people to take their vans home because there's not going to be anywhere to park them at the DO?
Because most of our colleagues are Brain Dead they'll probably just say, "Of course I'll take take your Big Red Van home and take up an extra parking space in my already crowed residential street!" I've always been against Commercial Vehicles being allowed to park in residential areas, the Local Council should sort it out! Most companies use the old tried tested method of,"It'll be more convenient for you as you can use the van to get to work etc." Tends to annoy your neighbours though when you have 7.5 ton trucks and artic units parked in your street! :
I'll agree to take their van home when they agree to pay ME some money! How much are NCP charging for overnight parking nowadays?
Because most of our colleagues are Brain Dead they'll probably just say, "Of course I'll take take your Big Red Van home and take up an extra parking space in my already crowed residential street!" I've always been against Commercial Vehicles being allowed to park in residential areas, the Local Council should sort it out! Most companies use the old tried tested method of,"It'll be more convenient for you as you can use the van to get to work etc." Tends to annoy your neighbours though when you have 7.5 ton trucks and artic units parked in your street! :
I'll agree to take their van home when they agree to pay ME some money! How much are NCP charging for overnight parking nowadays?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sign Nothing
My home life and RM are very separate and ive every intention of keeping them that way so the van stays at the office. What if a throw a days sick i will then worry about the van.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Sign Nothing
The only reason I take a van home is because they won't pay me mileage to go the 56 mile round trip to get to the D.O. they want me to work at atm.
I've no problem with that and I park it sightly down the road, not outside someone's house (although you don't own the road outside your house anyway!)
I've no problem with that and I park it sightly down the road, not outside someone's house (although you don't own the road outside your house anyway!)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sign Nothing
Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip
Bugger that April
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Sign Nothing
The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).krussel wrote:Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip
Bugger that April![]()
![]()
![]()
I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit.
Soft bugger me I am
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sign Nothing
My drive to work is through some countryside and in the spring there is a rabbit warren on a bend and a lot of the young ones have not learned to fear the road. Sadly i see the results of road kill most days in the early part of the yearAprilaydee wrote:The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).krussel wrote:Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip
Bugger that April![]()
![]()
![]()
I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit.![]()
Soft bugger me I am
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Sign Nothing
With it being Wales, we have a lot of sheep and they, in turn have a lot of lambs. I've seen so many Ewes and lambs dead this year it's unbelievable. Lots of rabbits, badgers, couple of foxes and bird (birds of prey too).krussel wrote:My drive to work is through some countryside and in the spring there is a rabbit warren on a bend and a lot of the young ones have not learned to fear the road. Sadly i see the results of road kill most days in the early part of the yearAprilaydee wrote:The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).krussel wrote:Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip
Bugger that April![]()
![]()
![]()
I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit.![]()
Soft bugger me I amI slow right down myself but they panic and run straight out and i have still run over 3 in the last 5 years. I dont feel all that good about it
Makes me very sad. I stopped to move cats out of the road a few times too. That's someone's pet ffs and no one's stopped to do anything about it. As you can imagine, I love cats so that gets me very upset.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Sign Nothing
Aprilaydee wrote:Makes me very sad. I stopped to move cats out of the road a few times too. That's someone's pet ffs and no one's stopped to do anything about it. As you can imagine, I love cats so that gets me very upset.
Yeah i know where your coming from with cats as ive got 3 and one is digging its claws in my leg as iam typing this
I hate seeing cats at the side of the road and saw one about a month ago which had been left on the pavement. I could'nt face stopping though i would find it too upsetting unless i was sure it was still alive, horrible thought though
Anyway my spoilt brood want some tuna and too be put to bed
So i better offski, night
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Sign Nothing
Can't wait for the next Google Street View van to come round when that happens. I'll be spot the street without a RM van!Dorset Plodder wrote:I presume that when all these extra vans appear for the "Great Van Sharing Experience" then RM will be begging people to take their vans home because there's not going to be anywhere to park them at the DO?![]()
Because most of our colleagues are Brain Dead they'll probably just say, "Of course I'll take take your Big Red Van home and take up an extra parking space in my already crowed residential street!" I've always been against Commercial Vehicles being allowed to park in residential areas, the Local Council should sort it out! Most companies use the old tried tested method of,"It'll be more convenient for you as you can use the van to get to work etc." Tends to annoy your neighbours though when you have 7.5 ton trucks and artic units parked in your street! :![]()
I'll agree to take their van home when they agree to pay ME some money! How much are NCP charging for overnight parking nowadays?
-
bag69
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Sign Nothing
Been told when our vans come in that we will have to park our cars at the football stadium. Never mind that it is a half mile walk there. Dont we do enough walking at work??? Still better than the origional plan though. You can park your car where the van was parked. Until they were told a) wont there be 2 cars for most spaces. b) Where do we move the vans to? If brains were dynamite management could'nt blow up a crisp packet.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Sign Nothing
They aren't cars m8 they are vans, Vauxhall Combos. Not as big as the Transit vans or the LDV Maxus which are used at my office for the big packets and to drop off pouches at the moment.Eric Cantona wrote:Just to clear up a few points here, they call them the park and loop cars in my office, not the Vans that drop your bags and do collections at present?
Plus the private cars are going to be removed from the DO car parks, RM does not have to cater for a car park for your private use.
People who have a licence has more priority over the ones that has no licence, therefore we were told the ones that don’t have a licence and the ones that do have a licence but REFUSE to drive MAY be shipped to other offices…
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: Sign Nothing
That's going to seriously p1ss off a lot of guys at our DO. Not me, I've got one of them little chav scooters for getting into the cracker factory and back. It will inconvenience folk though because public transport isn't running at 6:00 am.Eric Cantona wrote:Just to clear up a few points here, they call them the park and loop cars in my office, not the Vans that drop your bags and do collections at present?
Plus the private cars are going to be removed from the DO car parks, RM does not have to cater for a car park for your private use.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?