ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by Straight4ward »

Ooops, sorry April!
Cat's are rarely immobile.

Our PHGs, on the other hand, would make a hippo look fleet of foot.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

I have to admit, the 2 I used to cover in one office were rather on the large side...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground. :cool
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground. :cool

Can you imagine what one of those PHG grades in London must be worth...........double bubble. :chuckle :chuckle :angel
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by Straight4ward »

Postman Hippo Grade?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground. :cool

Can you imagine what one of those PHG grades in London must be worth...........double bubble. :chuckle :chuckle :angel
We are all the same - except some are more same than others ft - I do have a pair but they look more like sultanas these days than spherical play things. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Straight4ward wrote:I believe all PHG's qualify for the FIB* supplement.

Certainly the case in our office.

*Fat Immobile Bastard.
I prefer the term FLUBs (Fat Lazy Useless Barstewards)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by Straight4ward »

TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Straight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
Yep one for each Man Boob :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by Straight4ward »

LOL!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

I'm really glad I got out of the big D.O. callers office. I was technically a PHG there too (without the allowance of course) but only had to work the office, no other reports, that was done by the admin (who was a PHG grade...).

The abuse (from customers, staff and managers) just isn't worth it. The room of doom is definitely one to be avoided.

The offices I'm at now don't have RoDs. Don't even have rooms :crazy: Had a memo go around about wanting everything kept securely etc. I replied telling them the office needed a refit if that's what they wanted as there was absolutely no room to put the specials into the RLE seeing as it's no bigger than the space under my stairs.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
Yep one for each Man Boob :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Be careful what you say here TBT, not all PHGs are overweight, middle aged men - take Aprilaydee for example - I mean .............. I don't know what you are suggesting by inference here :whistle
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
Yep one for each Man Boob :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Be careful what you say here TBT, not all PHGs are overweight, middle aged men - take Aprilaydee for example - I mean .............. I don't know what you are suggesting by inference here :whistle
I don't have Moobs/Mits and I don't name my chesticles either! I did once give my right boob the nickname "Mark" cos of someone I used to work with. He was a right tit.

And the PHGs I cover now are middle aged men but rather slender. I guess that's because one does a full time delivery as well and the other is into outdoor sport type things.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by POSTMAN »

Our PHG's in London get a 'relaxation allowance',you know you guys should really come down here,it's the bollox.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:Our PHG's in London get a 'relaxation allowance',you know you guys should really come down here,it's the bollox.
Out of the mouths of babes as they say - bollox, sums it up admirably. :angel