To be fair I think i would probably have had to ran over a class of school children to fail.You done very well to go out and pass in one of those if you have never driven one before.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving assessment thing?
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: Driving assessment thing?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving assessment thing?
No you would only have failed if you had stopped before you hit them as it would have been flagged up as a harsh braking incident on your vans telemetry.SF wrote:To be fair I think i would probably have had to ran over a class of school children to fail.You done very well to go out and pass in one of those if you have never driven one before.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Driving assessment thing?
So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again?
Do they make you do it again?
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving assessment thing?
If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again?
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Driving assessment thing?
One person actually failed in our office; the only one ever I believe.OnAFlyer wrote:If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again?
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Driving assessment thing?
I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.
The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.
Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.
Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Driving assessment thing?
bigcol wrote:One person actually failed in our office; the only one ever I believe.OnAFlyer wrote:If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again?
one failed in ours too. driving a nice brand new pug hire van
so easy to drive its unbelievable but he did it
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Driving assessment thing?
Yes, give the nice AA man the appropriate handshake as you get into the van and you'll be fine.arty_morty wrote:I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.
The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.
Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Driving assessment thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1bHBthJN9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, give the nice AA man the appropriate handshake as you get into the van and you'll be fine.arty_morty wrote:I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.
The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.
Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio