ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What type of customers annoy you most
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I had the same thing, many times, I had to explain that the time on the box is the last collection time and read the small print, "additional collection will be made through the day until the final time shown" then they so "oh" not really their fault as the print is quite small and not readily noticable.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
I normally wear earphones while on walk . FULL blast ! ! !
People can hear the music so they know they are on .
Anyway a guy is cutting his hedge . 2 houses in this path . Upstairs and downstairs . He stays downstairs . I post upstairs and walk out the gate .
He stops me just as im goin in the next garden and says something but obviously i dont hear him . I now have to stop ...... fumble with the iphone to pause the song ...... take the earphones out my ears then ask him to repeat the question . Yes you know whats coming . " Do you have anything for downstairs ?? "
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! Yeah I have but I wanna keep it and give you it tomorrow you fkin idiot .
Anyway a guy is cutting his hedge . 2 houses in this path . Upstairs and downstairs . He stays downstairs . I post upstairs and walk out the gate .
He stops me just as im goin in the next garden and says something but obviously i dont hear him . I now have to stop ...... fumble with the iphone to pause the song ...... take the earphones out my ears then ask him to repeat the question . Yes you know whats coming . " Do you have anything for downstairs ?? "
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! Yeah I have but I wanna keep it and give you it tomorrow you fkin idiot .
-
axeman
- Posts: 1733
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
deaf as well as stu*** 
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Pardon?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
shadow
- Posts: 494
- Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
- Gender: Female
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
One paticular customer that has three large dogs that sh** all over the front garden. All over the grass and all over the path. She never picks up after them. I'm gonna ask RM for danger money or to stop deliveries. One of these days I'm gonna slip on a turd and be in a whole lot of sh**. 
-
norfolk n chance
- Posts: 139
- Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 16:45
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
i esp like it when they say "your late today..couldn't you get up" AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh 
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
The surcharge cards (fee to pay) are the worst for me at the moment, i dred them. They seem to think it's the same as a P739 and I am just posting the card because I didnt bring the parcel.
They run down the street asking why I didnt knock on the door and demanding their parcel (rudely usually). I point out they need to pay a fee online or via the sorting office but they just look at you in disgust!
They run down the street asking why I didnt knock on the door and demanding their parcel (rudely usually). I point out they need to pay a fee online or via the sorting office but they just look at you in disgust!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re:
I get that all the time and sometimes its a child which really winds me up- keys should be left in the locks.i love mail sort wrote:People not finding there keys is a good example, i often say to them in my cheeky voice " you wouldn't last long in a fire"
Now... named houses in an otherwise numbered street and these people complain if they dont get their rose cottage mail even though it might be addressed to number 36 although they stubbornly refuse to have a number on their gate
they choose not to be part of the numbering system.
its utter pretension/snobbery ive seen names like "game keepers croft" in red brick houses!
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
SP187-3PO
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 03:17
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
or when u've walked past a house with no mail and some1 comes out asking if they have any post-DOH
If you have a job without aggravations, you don't have a job
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
just don't drop their mail in the Dog sh1t, in time the owner will die of E.Colishadow wrote:One paticular customer that has three large dogs that sh** all over the front garden. All over the grass and all over the path. She never picks up after them. I'm gonna ask RM for danger money or to stop deliveries. One of these days I'm gonna slip on a turd and be in a whole lot of sh**.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
mailman337
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you emptying the box??"
Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you getting busy now ??"

Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you getting busy now ??"
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
-
Pegman
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Deep South
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
Delivered a packet on Saturday
Customer said "Are you on strike" because you're late !!
My reply was
No I'm not on strike, if I was I wouldn't be here, but if you like I can take these back and deliver them Monday so it feels like I'm on strike
He suddenly looked very confused
Customer said "Are you on strike" because you're late !!
My reply was
No I'm not on strike, if I was I wouldn't be here, but if you like I can take these back and deliver them Monday so it feels like I'm on strike
He suddenly looked very confused
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
100% United, 100% Unofficial
100% United, 100% Unofficial
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE HAVE NATIONAL PRESS AND JOURNALISTS LURKING ON HERE SO PLEASE TRY TO USE INOFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PUBLIC - WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE AMMO - THEY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY
Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.
Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
There's an old guy on my walk that says 'you're late, have you had a lie in' - at 11am, and he still says it despite me delivering to him for over 7 years
A woman that comes to the door when I have a packet, asks who it is and when I tell her it's the Postman, she says 'Well i'm not opening the door'
Ok, have a 739 then 'cos i'm not leaving it outside 
A woman that comes to the door when I have a packet, asks who it is and when I tell her it's the Postman, she says 'Well i'm not opening the door'
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: what do customers do that annoys you?
But why if we don't give them ammo they will just make it up.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE HAVE NATIONAL PRESS AND JOURNALISTS LURKING ON HERE SO PLEASE TRY TO USE INOFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PUBLIC - WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE AMMO - THEY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY
Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.