ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by norris9 »

Put this in the Royal Mail magazine, whatever it's called. I am sure Rico must read that as he's the RM boss. I am sure he keeps up with what the workforce have been up to and how happy we all are.

Seems I will be having no break this Xmas other than the bank holidays..... here comes 10 mile a day walks with overloaded bags and barely any rest. Why can't I have been born with a higher IQ.
sirchewey
Posts: 99
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 00:19
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by sirchewey »

Great letter, you held back well. I thought about doing the same, but you've saved me the bother lol tbh would pretty much be a copy and paste exercise with what you wrote.
Instead I have ordered some CWU merch to wear at work :thumbup Gotta support our union and show the company regardless of what has happened in recent days that we will not be broken and stand stronger now than ever before.
Go ask your rep for some stuff, and get your wallet out or go to website https://www.cwu-shop.org/products/stock-products
nelly21
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 50
Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 14:14
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by nelly21 »

Crimson king

Great post mate , I think you have spoken for the vast majority of posties
work
Posts: 231
Joined: 09 Sep 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by work »

Such clarity from the peasant(s)

Hoping your You and your family are well at this time of year :Very Happy

Have a wonderful time (off) when you get it... and nice one! :thumbup Long Live the (Crimson) King : coolr
lee trigger
Posts: 28
Joined: 18 Jul 2014, 20:12
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by lee trigger »

excellent letter. all we need to do is remove the good will through December to show our disgust with the way we are being treated and the job will be knackered.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by greengiant »

norris9 wrote:Put this in the Royal Mail magazine, whatever it's called. I am sure Rico must read that as he's the RM boss. I am sure he keeps up with what the workforce have been up to and how happy we all are.

Seems I will be having no break this Xmas other than the bank holidays..... here comes 10 mile a day walks with overloaded bags and barely any rest. Why can't I have been born with a higher IQ.
Overloaded bags? You are aware of the light weight trollys we can use?

Also it is not mandatory to work you rest days.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by POSTMAN »

Off topic stuff deleted.
Good post Crimson!, so much so it was nicked to Facebook without any credit to you or where it come from, I complained.......and they deleted it, save giving you the credit :roll:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by Celgar »

This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by Gasman11 »

Celgar wrote:This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
Thanks for that cheery news Rico, this fight isn't over yet though :nervous
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by leolion855 »

Celgar wrote:This will likely be the last busy Christmas that most delivery offices have as the 'new parcel strategy' , and maybe the five day operation as well, will be in effect by Xmas 2020.
source?
westham000
Posts: 106
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
Gender: Male

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by westham000 »

Fantastic letter, couldn't have worded it better. And more importantly it sums up my feelings as well as my fellow colleagues. Thank you for writing it.

As for Rico, unfortunately if he reads it, I don't think he will give one iota. He doesn't give a dam about us and has one objective, and one objective only. To break us and our Union. And at this moment, he is succeeding. The main objective is to compete with our competitors on the same terms and conditions. Starting with a two tier workforce, until as the spice girls say 2 becomes 1. No two tier workforce we are all on either zero hours contracts or self employed with a interest free loan from the business to encourage us.

As I write this letter, SDO’s and mail centers are being flooded with temps from I believe angard or whatever they are called on the pretense of xmas. They are preparing for cut offs and potential work to rule. IE posties doing their job properly starting on time, taking their meal break and not rushing around like lunatics like they have been doing for the last 10.5 months. Unfortunately some still doing it.

I for one wouldn't be surprised if these temps as part of Rico’s strategy are still here next year. Cost him a lot of money no doubt but think of the money he will save when he destroys our hard fought for terms and conditions.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Dear Rico (An Open Letter)

Post by k979aaa »

The very least we can all do is send the propaganda back to Back the Courier and all the crap they send if they go to the landed gentry we walk the streets and the propaganda don't propagate when we hit the streets!