ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
' In Flight Redirections '
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
It was supposed to come in this Friday but has been put back until May 20 at the earliest.
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
Any idea how close the "neighbour" is meant to be for the alternative delivery?
The leaflet just says "impractical".....
I barely have time to try the immediate neighbours let alone half a street away
The leaflet just says "impractical".....
I barely have time to try the immediate neighbours let alone half a street away
-
Parmyarmy25
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
Posties call if the neighbour isn't close then p739 is my guesssmartecosse wrote:Any idea how close the "neighbour" is meant to be for the alternative delivery?
The leaflet just says "impractical".....
I barely have time to try the immediate neighbours let alone half a street away
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
Where would the p739 go if you go to the redirected address but still are unable to get any answer there?
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
The P739 has to go to the original address, you would have been going back there anyway to deliver the "left with neighbour card" if you had successfully delivered the item anyway.sorefeet17 wrote:Where would the p739 go if you go to the redirected address but still are unable to get any answer there?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
' In Flight Redirections '
So I have to keep it until I arrive at the other location, or double back to somewhere I've already been. I can't see this happening.2yearpostie wrote:You scan the item as normal and a message will pop up to deliver to a different address IF IT IS ON ROUTE ONLY.NewPostieUK wrote:Let me get this straight. I sort my mail and packets for delivery. I load the van. Out on delivery I might get a message telling me to do something different to the already sorted packet? Take it someplace else?
Or am I off route? (meaning am I incorrect)
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
You all should know that Rico has been trying to get back to the UK, but the 'in flight redirections' keep diverting his jet back home... 
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
An app. To be honest, this isn't a bad idea and may well lead to less parcels on delivery as they can request it be kept in the callers.2yearpostie wrote:ive had training on this, but how does the customer change where its going to be delivered to?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
As ever Royal Mail making a big thing of this as they’ve invented this first,doing what others have been doing for a while no doubt,things that constantly fail on a daily basis can’t be sorted,rounds not going out etc,let’s get the basics done first shall we,then maybe move on and develop products etc,seems a lot of effort and open to failure to me?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
I was on the training course for this and it was clear to all us on the course that this was coming in because we were the only delivery company not doing this.robbertwhitton wrote:As ever Royal Mail making a big thing of this as they’ve invented this first,doing what others have been doing for a while no doubt,things that constantly fail on a daily basis can’t be sorted,rounds not going out etc,let’s get the basics done first shall we,then maybe move on and develop products etc,seems a lot of effort and open to failure to me?
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
We were told this was starting today.but no one had one or seemed to know anything about it.Tried to log on PDA And got inflight failure message.Anyone know what’s going on?
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
' In Flight Redirections '
Ours started yesterday, another postie received Safeplace location details when they scanned the item on the doorstep - the Safeplace was 'enclosed front porch' and the house doesn't have one!!
We all got the failure message this morning so it sounds like the system has already crashed
We all got the failure message this morning so it sounds like the system has already crashed
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
Yeah, only just saw the update on Outdoor today. No training. Got to a door with a tracked which I had scanned walking down the drive. As soon as I got to the door it pinged and said "if not in put in _______ place.
Hadn't known this would be a thing to be honest. So while I stood there all confused the customer's door opened and the parcel was delivered!
Took me by surprise, did that.
Hadn't known this would be a thing to be honest. So while I stood there all confused the customer's door opened and the parcel was delivered!
Took me by surprise, did that.
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
' In Flight Redirections '
I had already one in flight request. Scanned on the door step and got loud message to put it in a safe place (shed). No problem I was gonna do it anyway 
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
' In Flight Redirections '
Noticed this “In Flight” thing was on my PDA today?