I'm going to reboot mine every time I start delivery nowCelgar wrote:I have been told this is the answer but I don't generally do it.SpacePhoenix wrote:Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA not letting you send a signature
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
'bother' the customer again or sign for it yourself and potentially lose your job. Hmmmm tough call.Celgar wrote:Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.
I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
This is normal .
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
Ha! I’d go for reason 4 every day of the week,it’s a no brainer!,rambo1 wrote:'bother' the customer again or sign for it yourself and potentially lose your job. Hmmmm tough call.Celgar wrote:Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.
I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
Yes. It’s happened to me a couple of times this week. I find if you hit the back button (bottom left, curved line with arrow) which takes you back to the ‘enter name’ screen then just hit continue to go back into the signature screen it will work. Annoying, especially if you have walked away from the door and need to go back and get it signed again.arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
-
matt76
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 13:36
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
I’ve tried doing that but it still doesn’t work!plaguelift wrote:Yes. It’s happened to me a couple of times this week. I find if you hit the back button (bottom left, curved line with arrow) which takes you back to the ‘enter name’ screen then just hit continue to go back into the signature screen it will work. Annoying, especially if you have walked away from the door and need to go back and get it signed again.arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?