Because you work 38 hours now, not 39. Someone who worked 32 before still works 32 hours now! How can you not get it?rambo1 wrote:When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?The Postman wrote:Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.rambo1 wrote:As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New full time contracts
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
The Postman . Exactly right.The Postman wrote:Because you work 38 hours now, not 39. Someone who worked 32 before still works 32 hours now! How can you not get it?rambo1 wrote:When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?The Postman wrote:Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.rambo1 wrote:As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New full time contracts
The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
You may not work 38 hrs on holiday but you get paid 38hrs holiday pay.rambo1 wrote:Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
-
neilgg
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Isn't annual leave in this instance a red herring. Full timers now only work 38 hours instead of 39 without a pay reduction so their hourly rate increases accordingly. Part timers benefit from the same hourly rate as full timers as they can't be discriminated against. They take home a bit more than previously. Not sure what annual leave has to do with it?
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
You say you don’t work 38 hours when your on holiday, however someone on a 32 hour contract also doesn’t work 32 hours when on holiday. You both work 0 hours and get paid for the hours your contracted for, in your case 38 and in the part timers case 32. I do see where your coming from however your looking at it wrong, there wouldn’t have been a pay increase if there wasn’t an hours reduction for people working 39 hours, a better way of looking at it is that part timers have gained an hour due to the sww bringing the gap between ft and pt closer. Maybe then you won’t feel so hard done by. Unfortunately for RM you can’t pay 2 people in the same company different rates for doing the same job as it’s illegal, therefore they had no option but to raise the hourly rate for ft and pt staff.rambo1 wrote:Thanks for trying to explain it. It's not rocket science. I don't 'work' a 38 hr week when I'm on annual leave, therefore don't get the advantage of that. The part timer on 32 hrs gets their enhanced pay ( in lieu of not having an hr less to work when they are at work) , even if on annual leave.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
Honesty, jusy how can I explain it any more clearly?? If they got paid the same as they used to before sww when on a/l then that would be the same as a full timer, but as far as I'm aware, they don't.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Surely when on annual leave, you get the same amount of money paid to you as you do when you work a full 5 days??? That should be regardless of FT or PT?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
New full time contracts
When a full timer is on holiday s/he is on holiday for 7h 36 per day on average.
Someone on a 25 hour contract is only on holiday for 5 hours/day.
No wonder I am always tired.
Someone on a 25 hour contract is only on holiday for 5 hours/day.
No wonder I am always tired.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
TBT when you say the rates have changed for everyone you do mean the "hourly rate"TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The confusion for some is because of a misunderstanding between rates and take home pay.
For Everyone, the rates have changed.
For PTimers the take-home pay has increased, for FTs it has remained the same despite an hour less in contracted hours.
In the case of the 1 hour reduction the weekly "Pay Rate" remained the same.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
New full time contracts
I am on annual leave next week but I have 4 days outstanding.clashcityrocker wrote:When a full timer is on holiday s/he is on holiday for 7h 36 per day on average.
Someone on a 25 hour contract is only on holiday for 5 hours/day.
No wonder I am always tired.
If I add my 4 days to my annual leave next week does that mean I will be off 10 hours/day.
That sounds like a better holiday.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
In on leave this week and I’ve received the same pay I always do.
Why is this topic being discussed ??
Why is this topic being discussed ??