themailman wrote:Every so often you read of strange practices that go on within RM, but that one is a real eye opener!postslippete wrote:I remember when some of us used our cars for deliveries years ago and we had to get the appropriate business class 1 insurance for it. Royal Mail only changed the rules regarding using cars to physically deliver the mail; if the op is only driving out to meet the driver, where is the issue? I know of many posties who get dropped off when they finish instead of travelling back to the depot with their partner, because it suits them, and Royal Mail don't have a problem with that.
How is that even possible? So 1 person is sitting in their house with their feet up well before their finish time whilst their partner drives the van with un delivered items and empty mail bags and PDA's and collections etc back to the office to unload and sign them both out? Madness.
There are a few posties that I know that do this and have been doing it for years. As a Royal Mail driver it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the managers suddenly decided to ban posties from going home until they have signed out. However, I've often worked with a postie who wants dropping off instead of going back to the office and I'm more than happy to oblige as long as I finish on time!
And secondly, will clocking off work actually change anything anyway? I mean whats to stop the colleague that they are working with clocking their card out for them?