ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trackers in vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Trackers in vans

Post by toomuchcoke »

postietom wrote:
crimson king wrote:When it's cold in the winter are we allowed to keep it idling during our breaks to keep the heater going?
Apparently not. A bloke in our office got a telling off about exactly that!
Possible advantage to having a Fiat rather than a Peugeot then? Save the inevitable DPF regenerations until your lunch break!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Trackers in vans

Post by NewPostieUK »

toomuchcoke wrote: Save the inevitable DPF regenerations until your lunch break!
Good idea, but I'd hate to eat anything with those disgusting fumes around.

Personally, I don't get cold in a van, even in winter. I don't feel the need to have the engine running, ever.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Trackers in vans

Post by Stormproof »

The PDA also tracks your speed. Mine bleeps if I exceed the speed limit.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Trackers in vans

Post by scoobymunster »

mattycash wrote:The old type trackers where called "Trimble's" I once had to leave the van outside the locked gates on a Saturday, the van was moved on the Sunday into the parking area, it was flagged up at HQ ?
How can you tell the difference between the trackers? Our brand new vans have the same black box in the windscreen as the vans that got trackers a few years back.