Then they moan when it gets wet and complainVwtouran wrote:I had a tracked parcel, customer wasn’t in, it said leave behind wheelie bin so that what I did & typed in pda this & took picture,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Safeplace
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Safeplace
Unless it can be secured after you leave the parcel then no its not a safe place.nuns wrote:is a bin / bin box safe place to leave ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
If it's on a tracked with the safeplace instruction, the customer has deemed it a safeplace for it to be left. If the sender is giving them the option to specify a safeplace I'm guessing that their contract with royal mail will say if we deliver to the safeplace and have photo evidence and a scan if it goes missing it's down to them to compensate and sort it with customer not royal mail. It's like dpd, if you ask for a parcel to be safeplaced you agree that if it goes missing it isn't there problem to sort out. You have to agree to that before they will do it. I'm sure royal mail's contract with firms that offer the safeplace choice will say they offer it at their own liability once we've completed the delivery correctly ie scan and photo
The only parcels you should photograph and leave are tracked with a safeplace instruction boxes filled in. Nothing else. I've had one so far this week, which I photographed and left and typed in the place it was left. Back garden , behind bin
The only parcels you should photograph and leave are tracked with a safeplace instruction boxes filled in. Nothing else. I've had one so far this week, which I photographed and left and typed in the place it was left. Back garden , behind bin
Last edited by citypostie on 20 Jul 2018, 18:17, edited 3 times in total.
-
Vwtouran
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
Delivery office is a 14 round trip so most customers are really grateful for leaving parcels in a safe place. We know who to leave parcels for & the awkward customers get to do a 14 mile trip!eastie wrote:Then they moan when it gets wet and complainVwtouran wrote:I had a tracked parcel, customer wasn’t in, it said leave behind wheelie bin so that what I did & typed in pda this & took picture,
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Safeplace
Everyone is awkward if they get their parcel nicked or just try it on.Vwtouran wrote:Delivery office is a 14 round trip so most customers are really grateful for leaving parcels in a safe place. We know who to leave parcels for & the awkward customers get to do a 14 mile trip!eastie wrote:Then they moan when it gets wet and complainVwtouran wrote:I had a tracked parcel, customer wasn’t in, it said leave behind wheelie bin so that what I did & typed in pda this & took picture,
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
Vwtouran wrote:Delivery office is a 14 round trip so most customers are really grateful for leaving parcels in a safe place. We know who to leave parcels for & the awkward customers get to do a 14 mile trip!eastie wrote:Then they moan when it gets wet and complainVwtouran wrote:I had a tracked parcel, customer wasn’t in, it said leave behind wheelie bin so that what I did & typed in pda this & took picture,
I wouldn't have thought leaving a parcel behind a wheelie bin is that much of a safe place? Its not something that I do because if it ever went missing there would be a very strong possibility of conduct proceedings regardless of what it says on the packet or what the buyer/seller wants. Let them make the 14 mile round trip. If they are not in, then thats problem. We should not be copying Hermes and Yodel by throwing packets over fences and leaving things behind bins because that is what the customer wants. The 'customer' for us isn't necessarily the buyer, its the seller. So when things go missing, its often the seller that loses out and as I used to be a business seller I find that customers want: cheap, fast and...........reliable!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Vwtouran
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
When ordering a parcel from Amazon it gives a option for a safe place & 1 of the options is “leave behind wheelie bin” Amazon shouldn’t be doing this if parcels are going missing I am only doing what has been instructed by Seller & customer!postslippete wrote:Vwtouran wrote:Delivery office is a 14 round trip so most customers are really grateful for leaving parcels in a safe place. We know who to leave parcels for & the awkward customers get to do a 14 mile trip!eastie wrote:Then they moan when it gets wet and complainVwtouran wrote:I had a tracked parcel, customer wasn’t in, it said leave behind wheelie bin so that what I did & typed in pda this & took picture,
I wouldn't have thought leaving a parcel behind a wheelie bin is that much of a safe place? Its not something that I do because if it ever went missing there would be a very strong possibility of conduct proceedings regardless of what it says on the packet or what the buyer/seller wants. Let them make the 14 mile round trip. If they are not in, then thats problem. We should not be copying Hermes and Yodel by throwing packets over fences and leaving things behind bins because that is what the customer wants. The 'customer' for us isn't necessarily the buyer, its the seller. So when things go missing, its often the seller that loses out and as I used to be a business seller I find that customers want: cheap, fast and...........reliable!!
-
Vwtouran
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
It says this on Amazon
If you prefer to have your parcel left unattended on your premises, select one of the safe places from the list. Ensure that the safe place you choose is protected from the elements and is guarded from public view to avoid damage and theft.
If you prefer to have your parcel left unattended on your premises, select one of the safe places from the list. Ensure that the safe place you choose is protected from the elements and is guarded from public view to avoid damage and theft.
-
elteleltel
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hertfordshire
Safeplace
This " safe place " stuff is so vague that's for sure. We've been told to carry on as before but taking a pic of a not very safe place could well leave you open to disciplinary action . If I can leave it someone can steal it , picture or not ....unless it's locked away
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Safeplace
a porch is as secure as a bin would be, anyone walking past can see it or someone else who knocks at door just slides it openTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Unless it can be secured after you leave the parcel then no its not a safe place.nuns wrote:is a bin / bin box safe place to leave ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Safeplace
I agree so unless I can lock the porch I don't use itnuns wrote:a porch is as secure as a bin would be, anyone walking past can see it or someone else who knocks at door just slides it openTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Unless it can be secured after you leave the parcel then no its not a safe place.nuns wrote:is a bin / bin box safe place to leave ?

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Safeplace
Caveat to that if it goes through the letter box in the porch it is the house holders responsibility to ensure their property is secure we do not try doors in RM!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I agree so unless I can lock the porch I don't use itnuns wrote:a porch is as secure as a bin would be, anyone walking past can see it or someone else who knocks at door just slides it openTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Unless it can be secured after you leave the parcel then no its not a safe place.nuns wrote:is a bin / bin box safe place to leave ?
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Safeplace
Im rubbish at taking photos.
I was only able to photo the parcel at close up, no background area in it.
O well i am not a photographer
Neither am i a mechanic,
guess thats why i refuse to do veichle check!
I was only able to photo the parcel at close up, no background area in it.
O well i am not a photographer
Neither am i a mechanic,
guess thats why i refuse to do veichle check!
Tomorrow Never Knows