ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDA update.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
New PDA update.
Can't say I've seen a lens on my PDA are we getting new PDAs with the facility to take photos?
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
I believe there is a lens on the current PDAs. Some Postie's won't leave the PDA in the charging carriage because they believe it might be watching them.......mattycash wrote:Can't say I've seen a lens on my PDA are we getting new PDAs with the facility to take photos?
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
The most common instance of this is the 'leave in porch' note on some tracked items where you find the house doesn't have a porch. It refers to the occupants previous address where they did have a porch but they have moved & not changed the instruction.Xr4 wrote:I can see it ending up we're bringing more stuff back or "accidently pressing delivered". Quite a few times Ive had a tracked saying leave in shed or enclosed porch to find that they haven't got one!
I often cover a rural round and there's no way RM would like some of my customers safe places lol
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
postman123dart
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 15:35
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
we were coached on this yesterday. to be trialled from july 1st,oh joy
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
New PDA update.
I can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
We must have special ones then because some have managed to take photos on them already, much to the hilarity of all who saw themmattycash wrote:I can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Where I deliver, I don't trust anybody to take in their neighbours parcel
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
New PDA update.
It's the Zebra Sybol TC70 is it not ?can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
Front and rear camera still or video
I have had the camera on a couple of times before, can't tell you how I did it, I just pulled it out of my pocket and it was on.
My biggest request for the update would be an OFF button for the Satnav.
Last edited by GT85 on 20 Jun 2018, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
There is definitely a lens on the back and front of the PDA if you look. The new software has been added and it's going live either next week or the week after. I was shown how to do it today. Now all I have to do is remember how to do it. I was shown how to take a photo of a 'safe place', how to not deliver to a 'safe place' if it isn't safe, and the new process if you deliver to a neighbour. That last one is likely to make me try and avoid delivering to a neighbour not that I do it that often. Everything seems to be getting more time consuming when the one thing we are often short of is time.mattycash wrote:I can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
I hate it when the satnav comes on by 'mistake'. Very few people seem to be able to turn it off. Postbox accident report is the other annoying pop-up screen.GT85 wrote:I have had the camera on a couple of times before, can't tell you how I did it, I just pulled it out of my pocket and it was on.can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
My biggest request for the update would be an OFF button for the Satnav.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
There won't be a league table for neighbour attempts as its an unquantifiable metric. But I expect there will be trouble if we mess it uppostietom wrote:They reckon they'll be league tables about neighbour attempts to given it'll know if you've delivered to neighbour or customer.
Have to say we are miles behind other firms, most had this type of stuff years ago but from our point of view it's a pain in the arse with all this stuff being constantly added.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
If they are not in they get a card, they haven,t given me enough time to mess about with all this shite, they keep adding things on where's the extra time coming from ?. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New PDA update.
really whats this thenmattycash wrote:I can confirm there is no camera on the PDAs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
New PDA update.
Wait until you get to read the official pamphlet on this, security of items officially goes out of the window. As long as the specified "safeplace" is under cover and out of view of the general public, you can now follow the instruction before taking a photo.
In the past if it came out I was leaving parcels in unlocked sheds or inside unlocked porches, where anyone could come along afterwards and take the parcels away, I could be disciplined for leaving items in an insecure place.
Now it's absolutely fine, apparently, plus we take a picture to show our bosses all the insecure places we leave items!
Then what happens if parcel goes missing? Does your face fit in the depot? Are you FT or PT?
In the past if it came out I was leaving parcels in unlocked sheds or inside unlocked porches, where anyone could come along afterwards and take the parcels away, I could be disciplined for leaving items in an insecure place.
Now it's absolutely fine, apparently, plus we take a picture to show our bosses all the insecure places we leave items!
Then what happens if parcel goes missing? Does your face fit in the depot? Are you FT or PT?