I just say they have sweaty ball syndrome the conversation usually ends there as I don't ware shorts but never suffer as said shorts posties would some of the ladies enlighten us why they ware shorts too!GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tips for keeping warm
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Tips for keeping warm
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Tips for keeping warm
Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.eastie wrote:Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Shorts because legs dry. Trousers don’t. Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them. Tried wearing waterproof trousers but shoes get water logged pretty quickly and they’re too hot to wear
-
elteleltel
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hertfordshire
Tips for keeping warm
Shorts , Shades and a Buff around the neck . Obviously a hat and 3 layers under the Stormproof jacket
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Tips for keeping warm
spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
A lot of it is just showing off,best ignored really. I know what you mean about people asking why you're not wearing shorts, I just say that I wear shorts on holiday in the south of France,where it's warm and where I should be ,instead of standing on your doorstep waiting in the cold because you can't find your door key.GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Ha! I get asked this regularly... best answer ever!k979aaa wrote:I just say they have sweaty ball syndrome the conversation usually ends there as I don't ware shorts but never suffer as said shorts posties would some of the ladies enlighten us why they ware shorts too!GRS wrote:I really don’t get this shorts thing in winter. Blokes go out layered up and with scarves,hats and gloves and yet say they wear shorts because it’s too warm walking around. I also get bloody fed up with people on the street stopping and asking me why other postmen feel the need to wear shorts in such cold weather.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Never seen a footballer wearing trousers eitherGeneral Mannerheim wrote:Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.eastie wrote:Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Tips for keeping warm
A large tot of whisky. 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
seen plenty of footballers wearing tights thoeastie wrote:Never seen a footballer wearing trousers eitherGeneral Mannerheim wrote:Funny that, i've never seen a Chris Bonington or Ranulph Fiennes up K2 or the Artic in shorts.Maybe if Green boots on Everest had followed your logic he might have survived instead of being a marker post.eastie wrote:Ive worn shorts nonstop for 14 years, legs don't get cold when walking.spen wrote:Shorts will be fine
Some people feel the cold and some dont
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
Tips for keeping warm
And look like the local flasherCreditshampoo wrote: Pull shorts up so your jacket covers them.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
Tips for keeping warm
What have footballers got to do with it? Are you saying that grown middle aged men still want to be like footballers as they did when they were 10?
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
physical exercise keeps you warm but I suppose some feel the cold more than others.GRS wrote:What have footballers got to do with it? Are you saying that grown middle aged men still want to be like footballers as they did when they were 10?
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Tips for keeping warm
Sit in the van let the walker do the work heater on full blast!