ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

prepping and delivery of D2D

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by CPTNemoUK »

My day off cover never does the d2d's. My day off not my problem so what ever left at the end of the week is management problem not mine.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by clashcityrocker »

CPTNemoUK wrote:My day off cover never does the d2d's. My day off not my problem so what ever left at the end of the week is management problem not mine.
I sometimes wonder what you lot are like when you go out for a meal?
You order steak and chips and they bring you mince and mashed potato, Same thing isn't it?
Or there are no chips on your plate because it is someone's day off. You'd just pay for it anyway?

The customer has paid for the design and the printing and the delivery of the leaflets.
If it doesn't get done then they should be reimbursed. Why should they pay for a service they aren't receiving?
Failure of D2D is wilful delay. Staff, managers, whoever should be getting their P45 if they are failing.

Would the same - it's not my problem - attitude apply to other streams of mail?
D2D went into workload over 7 years ago.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32809
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by POSTMAN »

D2D went into workload over 7 years ago.
And these f***ing office still do not know how to handle them, unreal!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by toomuchcoke »

WOBBLY wrote:I prep my 6th of door to doors every morning in RM time as they should be. The day off cover does his/her 6th on my day off. No-one is doing any work for free nor is anyone doing extra work they shouldn't be doing. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE :)
Pretty much! Though for the rurals I cover it's generally a quarter of the D2Ds each morning as there's only 4 columns on the frame. One of the frames has red dots on some of the address points (about 10 of them IIRC) in columns 2-4 and we throw them in Monday and take them when/if we go to those addresses - no point driving 5 minutes there and 5 minutes back to farm with a D2D on Tuesday when you're likely to be going there at some point during the week with normal mail.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by Celgar »

clashcityrocker wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:My day off cover never does the d2d's. My day off not my problem so what ever left at the end of the week is management problem not mine.
I sometimes wonder what you lot are like when you go out for a meal?
You order steak and chips and they bring you mince and mashed potato, Same thing isn't it?
Or there are no chips on your plate because it is someone's day off. You'd just pay for it anyway?

The customer has paid for the design and the printing and the delivery of the leaflets.
If it doesn't get done then they should be reimbursed. Why should they pay for a service they aren't receiving?
Failure of D2D is wilful delay. Staff, managers, whoever should be getting their P45 if they are failing.

Would the same - it's not my problem - attitude apply to other streams of mail?
D2D went into workload over 7 years ago.
I believe CPTNemoUK is saying that if another postie in his DO is not doing his/her job properly that is not the responsibility of CPTNemoUK. It is the responsibility of the DOM and, if there is one appointed, the office coach to sort out posties who are not doing the job properly.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by Stammerking »

Prepping 20% of D2ds each day and delivering all of them helps my cause when the lino comes round to check my call rate after I,ve told him I have no time for lapsing. No d2ds on a Saturdays I do a hybrid duty and no collection on Saturday and only 4.40 duty time :nana
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Celgar wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:My day off cover never does the d2d's. My day off not my problem so what ever left at the end of the week is management problem not mine.
I sometimes wonder what you lot are like when you go out for a meal?
You order steak and chips and they bring you mince and mashed potato, Same thing isn't it?
Or there are no chips on your plate because it is someone's day off. You'd just pay for it anyway?

The customer has paid for the design and the printing and the delivery of the leaflets.
If it doesn't get done then they should be reimbursed. Why should they pay for a service they aren't receiving?
Failure of D2D is wilful delay. Staff, managers, whoever should be getting their P45 if they are failing.

Would the same - it's not my problem - attitude apply to other streams of mail?
D2D went into workload over 7 years ago.
I believe CPTNemoUK is saying that if another postie in his DO is not doing his/her job properly that is not the responsibility of CPTNemoUK. It is the responsibility of the DOM and, if there is one appointed, the office coach to sort out posties who are not doing the job properly.
Thank you I always the d2d the days I'm in. :thumbup
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by twoloops »

There is a postie in our office that takes all his D2D out on a Sunday takes him 5 hours of his own time ... Sad :left:
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by CPTNemoUK »

mattycash wrote:There is a postie in our office that takes all his D2D out on a Sunday takes him 5 hours of his own time ... Sad :left:
Is he married?. If so he must be doing it to get away from is wife :left:. Hold on that's a idea :Very Happy
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by fishtank »

I believe CPTNemoUK is saying that if another postie in his DO is not doing his/her job properly that is not the responsibility of CPTNemoUK. It is the responsibility of the DOM and, if there is one appointed, the office coach to sort out posties who are not doing the job properly.
What happens with someone else is of no concern to you. Say some guy in the mailcentre can't be arsed sequencing your mail one day and the next day you come into twice the mail? Does it matter to you if the guy in the mailcentre gets the sack? Does it mean that you can refuse to touch half that mail? Can you walk away and say "it's not my problem".

All you can do is prep that sequenced mail and if it causes overtime and you don't want it you can tell them you're finishing on your time. Now why do you think it should be any different with D2D?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by CPTNemoUK »

fishtank wrote:
I believe CPTNemoUK is saying that if another postie in his DO is not doing his/her job properly that is not the responsibility of CPTNemoUK. It is the responsibility of the DOM and, if there is one appointed, the office coach to sort out posties who are not doing the job properly.
What happens with someone else is of no concern to you. Say some guy in the mailcentre can't be arsed sequencing your mail one day and the next day you come into twice the mail? Does it matter to you if the guy in the mailcentre gets the sack? Does it mean that you can refuse to touch half that mail? Can you walk away and say "it's not my problem".

All you can do is prep that sequenced mail and if it causes overtime and you don't want it you can tell them you're finishing on your time. Now why do you think it should be any different with D2D?
As long has I am doing MY job properly I ain't bothered. If my mail ain't sequenced I will be using the cutting off procedure. It is up to management to get It sorted. That means somebody gets sacked because they are not doing thier job properly so be it. That's thier problem not mine and I won't lose a minutes sleep over it. :cuppa
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by Postie45 »

if they dont take their d2d, and you end up taking it, im sure itll cause some issue with your ability to complete.... the manager wouldnt be pleased if he had to arrange someone to complete your delivery that day, then just point them in the direction of where the problem lies in that the lazy git didnt take their allocation.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by clashcityrocker »

CPTNemoUK wrote: As long has I am doing MY job properly I ain't bothered.
Where does it say it is your job to only do 1/6th of D2D per day?
The only concrete thing the D2D agreement says is they must be completed by the end of the week.
I wonder how your manager deals with the excess?

Personally I never leave D2D for my rest day cover. My job is easier than his. Why would I add to his workload?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by CPTNemoUK »

clashcityrocker wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote: As long has I am doing MY job properly I ain't bothered.
Where does it say it is your job to only do 1/6th of D2D per day?
The only concrete thing the D2D agreement says is they must be completed by the end of the week.
I wonder how your manager deals with the excess?

Personally I never leave D2D for my rest day cover. My job is easier than his. Why would I add to his workload?
If management asked me to do them I would. If it means I would go over I will cut off simple. I have a start time and finish time. What ever they want me to do in that time (Work related lol) I will do it. They could ask me to stack the parcels into the shape of Pac man. If it's in my work time that's fine.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

prepping and delivery of D2D

Post by Postie45 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
Where does it say it is your job to only do 1/6th of D2D per day?
where does it say it ? no clue, but management have told us that we are to deliver a set row per day which is the standard in our office, i imagine its not the only one to adopt this system.