ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Every single person expected to strike at mine. Pensions and a whiff of route ownership being the cited reasons.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Just saying it with Music
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
What’s The State Of Play In Your Office
Fair play to you mate for sticking to your principles!Jpro747 wrote:Cutting off is virtually unheard of, many either don't know how to or are too intimidated. Others have nice little duties because they are mates with the DOM and don't want to cause an upset. I for one will be standing at the gate but can't see any of my colleagues joining me unfortunately!eastie wrote:Why are they worried?? just work till your finish time and cut off the restJpro747 wrote:I can't see much of a turnout in my office as they are worried about having to deliver three days worth of mail on the monday without getting paid the O/T.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Cichlid
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 12 Mar 2013, 18:45
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Most of us at our office will be out, 70+ staff.

-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
My office is rock solid and I've gone out on every official strike since I started working for RM.
We know well how managements will exploit, divide and rule, they've driven us hard enough in the first place and we don't want that to continue.
We know well how managements will exploit, divide and rule, they've driven us hard enough in the first place and we don't want that to continue.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Sadly some at our office will be going in,I estimate 4 or 5 out of about 80-100,exact figure not given for persec.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave.... 
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave....
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
A good question!daveyeff wrote:how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave....
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
i know reps can get looked after, but it's this sort of stuff that causes a divide between us, until it's 100% certain a fact then best to ignore rumoursgreengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave....
-
colintres
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 May 2007, 08:47
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Pretty solid at my office, a few part timers will come in and maybe one or two others. Had the bullying and harassment pep talk from our Manager today, ironic to say the least. Funny thing is the one guy who seems the most concerned about getting grief for crossing the picket line is kicking of so much about it he's in danger of getting done for bullying and harassment himself 
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
And I thought all the snakes were on the management sidegreengiant wrote:A good question!daveyeff wrote:how can you just book it like that,..at the drop of a hat?greengiant wrote:I've heard rumours that our union rep has booked 3 days annual leave to cover the strike period. I hope that is what they are, just rumours, as it doesn't look good for a union rep to avoid having to go out on strike by being on annual leave....
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Same for me. I resigned from the union because the two reps I have had since I joined royal mail both looked after themselves rather than fight my corner when needed.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
What's The State Of Play In Your Office
Rumours from our rep that a few sub offices in our area will be reporting for work as usual, safe in the knowledge that as their parent office will be out, they'll still get paid even though they won't get any work in.