Most of them just accepted it eventually, although theres definitely a lot of annoyed staring and sweating of the brow going on as in enjoy my green tea and sandwiches.robbertwhitton wrote:Brilliant!! Well done that man,do you see steam coming out there ears??lcook282 wrote:While were on the subject is there any offices that have a set time for full timers breaks. I'm usually the only person taking a break in my office, just after I've bagged up. Much to the annoyance of the runners who end up loading the van themselves.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Claiming o/t
-
yubin282
- Posts: 994
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Claiming o/t
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Claiming o/t
Rubbish. Why on earth would you have to finish at the same time? Different contracts different start times different breaks.. different amounts of overtime.peshwaarinaan wrote:my Line Manager tried to knock 10 minutes off as we've got to finish at the same time???? .
I rarely put down the same finish time as my partner and we ARE meant to finish at the same time. He slings his PDA and van keys in and runs out. I sort the bags, put my 739's in the correct place and have my break. I'll often put a finish time 40 minutes after his.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Claiming o/t
Thanks for your reply. I will await another battle when I claim OT today.NewPostieUK wrote:Rubbish. Why on earth would you have to finish at the same time? Different contracts different start times different breaks.. different amounts of overtime.peshwaarinaan wrote:my Line Manager tried to knock 10 minutes off as we've got to finish at the same time???? .
I rarely put down the same finish time as my partner and we ARE meant to finish at the same time. He slings his PDA and van keys in and runs out. I sort the bags, put my 739's in the correct place and have my break. I'll often put a finish time 40 minutes after his.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Claiming o/t
5-7 hours = 30 min break
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Claiming o/t
As someone else has mentioned, if you don't physically take your breaks then add them on at the end. If the screws get funny and refuse to pay them as they weren't actually taken then TAKE the paid break that you are entitled to. They would like us all NOT to take our breaks and NOT claim. Unfortunately some employees are rewarded in favouritism for or bullied into doing exactly that. C'est la vie.