ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Double Bagging

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

We've no straps on our bags , I think someone must have cut them off
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:We've no straps on our bags , I think someone must have cut them off
What a great idea. They aren't needed I guess.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

No mate we've got trolleys
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Postie45 »

Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming !
sure, you can always get some more lapsing in with all the time you save ! :arrrghhh

and if that hasnt happened yet, it will happen, RM is cutting this job to the bone and the more time you "save" will be to RMs benefit not yours.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by worktotime »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:No mate we've got trolleys
use lwts everyday , no straps on bags , haven't carried a bag for years since p&l came in :thumbup , and never carry a bag again , happy days .
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Same here mate , why run around carrying a bag & get back early so management can collapse more duties and get a big fat bonus . TROLLEYS FOREVER
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

Double Bagging

Post by woking »

Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
what do you mean you let the driver take them,don't you think the driver has enough to do without doing your job as well.
Last edited by woking on 11 May 2017, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Ive heard that in some offices Delivery Coaches & CWU Reps don't even use trolleys ( mandatory equipment ) f**king disgrace
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by worktotime »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Same here mate , why run around carrying a bag & get back early so management can collapse more duties and get a big fat bonus . TROLLEYS FOREVER
to right :thumbup ,ill leave that to the clowns running round with bags on there backs , :no no
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by worktotime »

woking wrote:
Clared wrote:
LouBarlow wrote:What is wrong with using a trolley?
I never use a trolley it's far too time consuming ! I carry 1 bag which I am comfortable with, too many packets I throw them out or let the driver take them.
The job is physically enough. Ppl want to run round that's up to them I ain't killing myself
what do you mean you let the driver take them,don't you think the driver has enough to do without doing your job as well.
well said :Applause :Applause , f**k you jack I'm alright comes to mind. :thumbdown
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

We do approx 5 packets a week in the van because all the packets go on the trolley with 2 bags on it , and there's no carping on each other in our van
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by weary_posty »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:We've no straps on our bags , I think someone must have cut them off
Wish this was made mandatory across the board. Force EVERYONE that should to use the trolley
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by Kick the Bucket »

weary_posty wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:We've no straps on our bags , I think someone must have cut them off
Wish this was made mandatory across the board. Force EVERYONE that should to use the trolley
agreed :thumbup
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Double Bagging

Post by Ozzvaldo »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:We do approx 5 packets a week in the van because all the packets go on the trolley with 2 bags on it , and there's no carping on each other in our van
Same as my partner and I. We do the vast majority of our large parcels as we do our loops and so only do a small number on van calls. On the delivery adjacent to ours they both carry bags and drive back around the whole delivery with large parcels at the end. As we still deliver Amazon here, this can be 20-30 calls.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Double Bagging

Post by datasaint »

We call it the bandolier. :chuckle

Image