Bigger so you can stay out longer.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Chewster wrote:What is a HCT mk2?
and a Mk 1 is
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bag on shoulder
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Bag on shoulder
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
Yet another piece of legislation that will swept under the carpet until something happens,probably unworkable in the real world.do bags get weighed? I doubt it
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
we are supposed to weigh our bags.robbertwhitton wrote:Yet another piece of legislation that will swept under the carpet until something happens,probably unworkable in the real world.do bags get weighed? I doubt it
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
Looks pretty poshk979aaa wrote:Bigger so you can stay out longer.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Chewster wrote:What is a HCT mk2?
and a Mk 1 is
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Bag on shoulder
Don't you fill your bags back in the office, before loading the van up?madmax1 wrote: Driver would pass me a shed-load of mail and parcels to put in my bag
-
Donnygav93
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 15:41
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
It might sound sad but I'm pretty envious of you lot with the hct mk2 whilst I've got my hct mk1 
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
I'm the same mate, stuck with the old mk1, and it's awful. I've had to get the brakes replaced 3 times, a wheel has come off twice, and keys have snapped and barrels jammed more times than I care to mention, all in the last year!Donnygav93 wrote:It might sound sad but I'm pretty envious of you lot with the hct mk2 whilst I've got my hct mk1
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Bag on shoulder
Seems daft loading up trays then having to unload into bags when you could just put them straight into bags in the first place. Then there's the weighing issue. .
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
Wish I could have a HCT on my round. Used to cover a duty that used one and found it a lot easier than struggling to attach the pouches to the LWT.
Just think, if people actually used the trolley, came in on time and took their breaks, we wouldn't have to worry as much about our paydeal. It would be made up in all the overtime that would become available.
Just think, if people actually used the trolley, came in on time and took their breaks, we wouldn't have to worry as much about our paydeal. It would be made up in all the overtime that would become available.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
We find trays easier, then you know where the packets are and what you have. Loading the bags back up at the office, you forget what is in each bagNewPostieUK wrote:Seems daft loading up trays then having to unload into bags when you could just put them straight into bags in the first place. Then there's the weighing issue. .
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Bag on shoulder
One word. Light weight trolley. Actually that's three words. Use one, you can then take two bags and all but the biggest packets. Quickest way to do it. Two people sat in a van to deliver one packet ain't efficient is it.madmax1 wrote:Took me months to work this out. Spent first few weeks on a really long shared van round. Driver would pass me a shed-load of mail and parcels to put in my bag and off I'd stagger up the road/hill with it, bent double for half the loop under the weight!! Gradually came to the conclusion he was taking the p**s, so now on any van share I just put the mail in, any featherweight packets and tell the driver we're dropping the rest off from the van. Likewise if I'm the driver I always make sure big/heavy packets are done from the van. Why cripple yourself just to save a few minutes.

