True, it was £3500 worth of stuff (not all cash).Hitcher wrote:£3500! Bollocks.deristrong wrote:There's a rural walk down here where the average is £3.5 k and, guess what, the postie works all his days off and, never, ever, goes sick in December!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Could be a bit of Sour Grapes BF. Doesn't do much for Office Morale when you've got some Gobshites bragging about how much they made in tips. And as mentioned by Barbels, some don't think about giving the cover anything. Here's a thought.....anyone ever though of giving their PHG (Locker Man) a cut? Some may be assholes but ours is a really good guy and I always give him something from any cash I might receive.Bahia Feliz wrote:Me thinks you doth protest too muchDorset Plodder wrote:Christmas tips are very emotive subject. Personally I don't work for Tips, and I don't worry about kissing any customer's arse all year...just to make sure I get a tip.
I give all the customers the same level of service. The one I'm paid to give them. If someone Tips me great.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Christmas tips
I'm up to 2k so far
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas tips
2k - cocaine, special K, potatoes ????arnold cheshire wrote:I'm up to 2k so far
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Christmas tips
MoneyTrueBlueTerrier wrote:2k - cocaine, special K, potatoes ????arnold cheshire wrote:I'm up to 2k so far
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
So far nothing...and probably won't as our d/o has no regular posties on the rounds.well apart from the rurals.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
I got a cracking tip the other day its running at Kempton park on boxing day 
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Christmas tips
I'd be very happy with £1 per address but unfortunately it averages at more like 10p. One year I bought a tin of quality street and put tinsel around it and a note saying "Happy Christmas from your postie" and got £160 from there in tips! I was only saying thanks because it was one of my bag drops and people often buzzed me in.
-
uncleboldy
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
I got £50 one Christmas from a woman who thanked me for hiding her handbag in her porch after she left it on her drive and drove off to work. Funny thing was ,it wasn't me who did it. It was my floater. Still i gave him half ... 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
I'm calling total BS on those claiming to get £3.5k and £2k, although why they feel the need to make these tales up is another matter.
3 rurals in our office all deliver to very wealthy country houses and farms, all been on the same duty for years so are well known and loved by the customers, yet they still only (only!) get £300-£500.
3 rurals in our office all deliver to very wealthy country houses and farms, all been on the same duty for years so are well known and loved by the customers, yet they still only (only!) get £300-£500.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Seem to get more tips from the people that look like they need it more, the "richer" end don't even say morning/afternoon or thank you - which I would appreciate more - so no chance of a tip
Do well at the farms though, cuts of beef, eggs, veg and the odd bottle of wine
Do well at the farms though, cuts of beef, eggs, veg and the odd bottle of wine
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
Typo, he meant 2p.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:2k - cocaine, special K, potatoes ????arnold cheshire wrote:I'm up to 2k so far
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
2-3.5k tax man is rubbing his hands together lol
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas tips
Of course everyone on here who is publicly stating that they have received large amounts of money in tips is well aware that the government should receive 20% through Tax (but no NI). Of course they won't deny it if HRMC are able to tie a boast down to a particular employee. No one is that daft are they ? https://www.gov.uk/tips-at-work/tips-and-tax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not forgetting RMs own policies: https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... ribery-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not forgetting RMs own policies: https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... ribery-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's the season of goodwill.
But it's important to be careful about accepting gifts so you don't fall foul of the Bribery Act.
Christmas tips are allowed. But they should never be accepted in return for favours, for example, earlier delivery, enhanced collection etc.
Other guidelines
Bribes must never be offered or given – nor requested or accepted. A bribe is not just about money, it could be any gift, hospitality or favour
Gifts may only be given or accepted up to a value of £30; any gifts over £30 must be politely declined
Hospitality may only be given or accepted where there is a business reason. Limits apply:
o Hospitality less than £25 per head in the course of business meetings is allowed and does not require pre-approval or registration
o Hospitality greater than £25 per head requires line manager pre-approval and must be recorded in the Gifts and Hospitality register
o Hospitality greater than £100 per head also requires a functional director's pre-approval and must be recorded in the Gifts and Hospitality register.
Penalties
The penalties under the Bribery Act are severe:
Individuals could face unlimited fines and imprisonment for up to 10 years
Companies face loss of reputation, unlimited fines and could be barred from participating in public procurement contracts.
If you have any queries please contact your.news@royalmail.com
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas tips
One of our guys pulled up to the gate of one country home on his rural delivery, the letter box is built into stone gate pillar so he doesn't need to enter the property, hung on the gate was a christmas bag with an expensive bottle of whisky so he took it and gave a cheery wave to the home owner who was stood watching him at the front window... it was only when he got home and looked at the attached card... ''To our wonderful binmen, thank you for doing such a grand job all year!''
Whooops
Whooops