Why,have you tried putting loaded pouches on a LWT,it's bad enough trying to get some empty pouches on a LWT ,never mind full ones,much better in tray's.woofwoof wrote:order more pouchesDB1100 wrote:We use tray's as those silly bag thing's are useless,we used to use 3 or 4 for every loop so the idea of just being able to drop them straight into the pouches on a LWT was an epic fail,ill thought out like most of the idea's from people who have never done delivery.woofwoof wrote:why is the mail in trays
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I think we need bigger vans...
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
But why bother with trays? You don't carry them around with you do you ? I just put the bundles straight into the van (in the correct order) on the occasions I don't fill bags.
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Bore off borezx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight
secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Much easier pulling out a correctly labelled pouch (e.g. driver loop 1) than having to hunt around to see what's in the trays. More so if you are on a P&L route your not all that familiar with.
Still, each to their own.
Still, each to their own.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
In The Know wrote:Bore off borezx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight
secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php
Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
Please remember everyone is welcome on this site
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Thats fine if your loop fits in a pouch,some of our loops would need at least 3 of those pouches,and its just as easy to label a tray.greengiant wrote:Much easier pulling out a correctly labelled pouch (e.g. driver loop 1) than having to hunt around to see what's in the trays. More so if you are on a P&L route your not all that familiar with.
Still, each to their own.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Make the loops smaller??? 
-
franco1
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be itfranco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
Or he could just do it whatever way he finds it easiest to access the next portion of his delivery as everyone should.A2B wrote:Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be itfranco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: I think we need bigger vans...
The easiest way to complete my delivery would be to use my car, is that ok?ThatsNotPlumb wrote:Or he could just do it whatever way he finds it easiest to access the next portion of his delivery as everyone should.A2B wrote:Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be itfranco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.