ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

It's your own fault

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: It's your own fault

Post by Nondescript »

deristrong wrote:Head above parapet. There's a culture on the floor of getting the job done as quickly as possible at any cost. For me to single-handedly stand up to it would make me very unpopular amongst my colleagues (by the time I start the day my partner is already making a great show of looking at his watch). Management love this situation because it relieves them of the pressure they'd need to put on us as we're busy doing it to ourselves. Incidentally, not sure I know anyone in our office who doesn't put MR at the end of their shift.
I'm in the exact same situation as you are. I'm a part timer, often paired with a full timer, but I come in at my official start time and take at least half (and often all) of my meal break before going out on delivery. I've no doubt that makes some people not want to work with me, but to paraphrase, it's their own fault.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: It's your own fault

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Hitcher wrote:The union has been saying for years now to do the job properly but next to no-one listens! :arrrghhh

2007 Image

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 69&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: It's your own fault

Post by steve1873 »

deristrong wrote:Head above parapet. There's a culture on the floor of getting the job done as quickly as possible at any cost. For me to single-handedly stand up to it would make me very unpopular amongst my colleagues (by the time I start the day my partner is already making a great show of looking at his watch). Management love this situation because it relieves them of the pressure they'd need to put on us as we're busy doing it to ourselves. Incidentally, not sure I know anyone in our office who doesn't put MR at the end of their shift.
Do you go to work to be popular?

Don't come on here castigating others when you are guilty of similar behaviour and, ergo part of the problem!