ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

on a lighter note

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: on a lighter note

Post by rhino49 »

The entry system key for a block of flats I deliver to is on the same fob as the spare van key - I spent a futile few moments stood in front of the building wondering why the entrance to the flats wasn't responding to my pressing the electronic key for the van .... and I've done it more than once (It's about the time in the walk where I get delirious each day).
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by Jpro747 »

Driving up a long, bumpy farm track, look in the tray for the mail and you realise you don't even have any mail for them :oops:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: on a lighter note

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

auto walking up a path when you have no mail for them :oops: then sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Re: on a lighter note

Post by sophie97 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:auto walking up a path when you have no mail for them :oops: then sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
Yep I do this alot! then I think damm I could of saved a few steps!
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: on a lighter note

Post by wabbithunta »

sophie97 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:auto walking up a path when you have no mail for them :oops: then sneaking away hoping no one has spotted me.
Yep I do this alot! then I think damm I could of saved a few steps!

I did this four times today, it was a head in the clouds moment each time too, as I was thinking of my long weekend off and what I'll be doing. So maybe "please engage brain" should be going through my head and checking the mail before I get to their paths.. :arrrghhh
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by robbertwhitton »

parking up to deliver and getting back int what I thought was my post van??? wrong,just another van parked near mine :arrrghhh
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: on a lighter note

Post by 5plusbonusball »

That lovely sound of dogs nose hitting the back of the door AFTER the mail has cleared it! :Very Happy followed by whimpering.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: on a lighter note

Post by arnold cheshire »

5plusbonusball wrote:That lovely sound of dogs nose hitting the back of the door AFTER the mail has cleared it! :Very Happy followed by whimpering.
ive never heard that :wave
Lance Jack
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by Lance Jack »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:farting on the way round
:left:
You have to do it in somebody's porch, ring the bell and run away
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: on a lighter note

Post by krussel »

This ones a bit weird.

Chewing over a problem on the way round from all angles and then acting out a conversation with the misses including every answer she could come up with. Then at a later date swearing we have discussed it when we have not. :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Timmy21
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 14:51
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by Timmy21 »

Eating lunch on way out then buying pies again.
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by alloria »

Talking to cats.
Vote no on the "Agreement"
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by datasaint »

lol I've pressed the key fob at the half-york when putting it back as opposed to pulling the yellow lever down, strangley nothing happened :crazy: :hmmmm
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: on a lighter note

Post by GT85 »

I have tried 2 new ways of amusing myself lately

1. Walk of faith..How far can you walk with your eyes shut ?

2. Dribbling a stone...How far can you kick a pebble/small stone around your loop without having to deviate from your route to take the next kick ?

I blame the sunshine :crazy:
We're all here because we're not all there
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: on a lighter note

Post by delboy1969 »

leaving the radio on way too loud as when I go off and loop

knocking on the wrong door with a parcel for someone else :crazy: