ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by gary1975 »

A commando did test a walk he couldn't do it in time :arrrghhh
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by newtimes »

careful wrote:Name five more physical demanding jobs than delivery postal worker of 2014?
Being a full time house father, I have never ever had to work so hard.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Sidley »

I remember the ex para (?) fitness instructor on the documentary did the walk in time but said he wouldn't like to do it on a daily basis.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by spiderj »

5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up . Yet the managers still think we're all slow and underworked and give us more to do each day . If they rarely cover someones collapsed bit they complain the next day how tired and aching they are. :crazy:
As for me , each day I think that's it I can't do it again , i'm knackered but after 2 cuppas I feel like new again.

But still wouldn't want to be a dustman.
Been one
The walking wasn't as hard
Just smelly which you got used to
But I earned less than I do as an opg doing less hours

As far as the para thing,I'm sure there are more than a few ex forces chaps and chappettes on delivery....

I never ached as much as I have now
Wonder how long my body can take the stresses places on it so I can earn a wage?
:cuppa
I won
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

5plusbonusball wrote:Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up
The original thread from 2009 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=22796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Chelseablue »

Typical day ,,,,get home too exhausted to do anything so lie on settee for an hour . Different tiredness sets in now ,don't wanna move from settee . Too tired to make anything decent for tea ,either bed early 9 ,or if my partner wants to watch a film ,I say ok ,but head nods up n down during film so miss most of it lol . Bed ,wake up ,,here we go again,,,
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by justdeno »

When I started at 5am, used to be knackered by 9pm. Now start at 8am still knackered by 9pm. :sad: So much for more quality time with family.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by arnold cheshire »

justdeno wrote:When I started at 5am, used to be knackered by 9pm. Now start at 8am still knackered by 9pm. :sad: So much for more quality time with family.
when i started at 5am i was knackered by 1pm
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Jpro747 »

I'm completely f**ked after work, if i sit down its game over, theres nothing i can do just gotta get in forty winks until I'm recharged. Embarrasing really as i'm only in my 20s!! :oops: I dont know how some of you guys still do the job in your 50s, 60s...
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by datasaint »

I'd rather be out delivering than in the delivery office put it that way. Job seems to flow better outside, inside it's too manic, and that's just the other staff. :dance
scoobydo79
Posts: 2058
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by scoobydo79 »

I tried sleeping in afternoon after My round (P &L) but My whole body locks up while in bed and Im as stiff as a friggin board.Can hardly get up again so dont bother,I wonder if this is a sign of health problems later in life.The job is bloody killing Me now a days.
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Stella102 »

i feel absolutely f****d !!! words can't describe it.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by greengiant »

Pretty tired! Wish the HCT could make it's own way back to the depot..... Really feel it when I'm walking back!
Hammer59
Posts: 33
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by Hammer59 »

Cream crackered! always have a power nap in the afternoon :crazy:
R@YAL F@IL
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?

Post by R@YAL F@IL »

The job needs a review in that the delivery staff at the age of 55+ need to be given concessions! no other job I know expect so much from an individual over the age of 55 to be as effective as a young 20 odd year old, how on earth can this be right.
Indoor staff in my office get D2D payment, coffee machine at their disposal a roof over their head when there is inclement weather heating system etc, all while the posties are earning their D2D payments for them. Well done the Union the D2D payments were the biggest con of all. Rant over.
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers