NO disagree you might want to go round the shops or a break going get fresh air somewheredemon wrote:should be in the canteen if not it should be classed as no break taken and lapsing for 20 mins given
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
It might not be popular on here your right but I think you'll find it's illegal to go the whole day without a break and have it all on the end.venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
But can drink cans and cans of Red bull on the IPS?spiderj wrote:Not allowed to drink at the frame though
Its a Boggler
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
its not illegal, its only illegal if the employer insists on it, if its 100% the employees choice then no law brokencelerycelery wrote:It might not be popular on here your right but I think you'll find it's illegal to go the whole day without a break and have it all on the end.venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
taking 40 minutes at the end is against the national agreements between royal mail and the union, you should only be taking 20 minutes at the end, if you expect royal mail to be held to agreements so should you and your officevenger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Lads in my office have a running buffet you see them on the IPS with cans of Red Bull, mars bars then running about the office with barm cakes or bread rolls to you lot down South or Batons in their hands after touching filthy mail all day but as long as they finish early their health don't matter.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Its people like you now that has brought in absorption. Thanks pal.venger wrote:I have a coffee and a sandwich on my frame. I don't have time to take a break in the canteen. I want to get out and on with the delivery. I'm finishing the round in the time allowed and add the break (40 mins) to the end. Sure it might not be popular with some on this forum, but it's what everyone in our office does. I haven't had a proper break since 2nd delivery went and that was around 12+ years ago.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Our canteen is used mostly for meetings. If they knocked it down tomorrow I couldn't care less and I seriously doubt anyone else in the office would give a toss either.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Many times I have had my sarnies and a coffee sitting at the frame - while most of the office moron big mouths clog up the canteen.
Then I have another MR on delivery. Win Win.
Then I have another MR on delivery. Win Win.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Personally I regard it as a hygiene issue
I don't want jam etc on my mail
Nor do I want ink on my jam

I don't want jam etc on my mail
Nor do I want ink on my jam
I won
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
I didn't think that food or drink were allowed at the sorting frame.
Acas guidelines:
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Acas guidelines:
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: BREAKS at FRAME? seriously its happening
Our canteen is full of world class mail drivel,worn out trainers and problem solving charts,not to mention it's now painted in green and yellow,it look's like one of Picasso's wet dreams.venger wrote:Our canteen is used mostly for meetings. If they knocked it down tomorrow I couldn't care less and I seriously doubt anyone else in the office would give a toss either.
For we were soldiers once,and young