Competition closed. You win!wacko74 wrote:Christmas Eve a few years back, I'd just posted to one house and was walking back up the drive when I hear the door opening behind me and ''hey postie I've got something for you'' the guy is stood there with a heavy, full carrier bag, as he hands it to me he says '' these moved out over a year ago''... it was full of mail for a previous tenant, w******r!
I've also been given a miniature bottle of Baileys, I don't know if it was a genuine 'thought that counts' gesture or someone trying to tell me what they really think of me??
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
some old guy..bless him..gave me a pound and said get yourself a pint, I muttered under my breath, what pub do you drink in?
-
japost
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 17:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
A Wagon wheel .... out of date !
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
home made green chutney for the family! cash would be better love , thanks anyway!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
3 in total shortbread,dont like,DARK chocolate don't like ,and a tip for a horse called barton bank running at Kempton on boxing day cant remember the year,the beast was leading until it fell at the last fence GUTTED. 
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
One humbug and one glacier from a lady's jacket pocket, no idea how long they'd been there!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
egor110
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 11 Nov 2012, 23:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
I had a jar of chutney that the person had opened tried and decided they didn't like it.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
A £2 coin and then asked for £1.50 in change. I gave it back.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
got £2 from some guy. not the worst tip ever but the fact he said 'get yourself a pint'. felt like asking where he drinks cos theres nowhere i know sells pints for £2
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
Unfortunately it was when I was relatively new to the job and wet behind the ears and I just meekly took it off him, it would be a different story if someone did that to me now!bigbazza wrote:I hope you gave it back and told him to post it all back.wacko74 wrote:Christmas Eve a few years back, I'd just posted to one house and was walking back up the drive when I hear the door opening behind me and ''hey postie I've got something for you'' the guy is stood there with a heavy, full carrier bag, as he hands it to me he says '' these moved out over a year ago''... it was full of mail for a previous tenant, w******r!
I've also been given a miniature bottle of Baileys, I don't know if it was a genuine 'thought that counts' gesture or someone trying to tell me what they really think of me??
-
Midnight+13
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
20 pence, handed it back and said you best keep it as you need it so much more than I do! 
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
This year i'll give my kids a tip - don't follow me into royal mail, get a real job 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
redandblue
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
- Gender: Male
-
bolton1969
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 18:13
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
Last year an old lady handed me a Tesco's bag .It was clinking away so I thought it was a few bottles of bud or something. As I said thanks she pointed at the recycling bin and said can you put it in there please. It was all her empties!!!!!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Worst x'mas tip you have ever had?
A pair off wooly socks no lie 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"