ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£1300 bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by fishtank »

cloherty1976 wrote:That's it 50/50 share saving. Thank you
Yes I remember that.
We got less than a quid I kid you not.
The entire area was for walking.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by k979aaa »

Is this post about you have never had it so good or about reminiscing on the good old days the only bonus on the table is £300 for being a scab not called anyone that though!
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by borders »

cloherty1976 wrote:
fishtank wrote:We got £800 in may 2008 and £400 in may 2009 from the colleagueshare dividends.
Anything else might be a local thing like the 50/50 savings thing etc.
That's it 50/50 share saving. Thank you
nothing to do with not going sick for a year then ?? :d'oh!
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Mr Blonde »

I remember that one of the relief drivers to our DO won a car.

He was a twat.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

borders wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
fishtank wrote:We got £800 in may 2008 and £400 in may 2009 from the colleagueshare dividends.
Anything else might be a local thing like the 50/50 savings thing etc.
That's it 50/50 share saving. Thank you
nothing to do with not going sick for a year then ?? :d'oh!
I am sure it had something to do with it but still not 100% sure. I just remember getting it. Just remember it as the biggest bonus I have had on the post. I don't keep records and don't research things !
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Chelseablue »

Is this post to encourage ppl not to go out ,?
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

Chelseablue wrote:Is this post to encourage ppl not to go out ,?
Definitely not,you or anyone else is free to do what they believe in. I was just trying to find out what the bonus was for as I thought it was for not going sick for a year. It looks like I was wrong but am not 100% clear. Looking at examples fishtank said he got a £1 I got £1300 so maybe it was an office thing as suggested. Possibly 50/50 savings as suggested looks quite possible.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by RobertT »

This is probably going to sound amazingly sad but I have got all my RM pay slips dating back to the 80's when I first started the job. Are you referring to the £1,074.00 we got as a 'share in success' payment on 20th May 2005, I think it probably worked out as about £800 or so after tax.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by fishtank »

RobertT wrote:This is probably going to sound amazingly sad but I have got all my RM pay slips dating back to the 80's when I first started the job. Are you referring to the £1,074.00 we got as a 'share in success' payment on 20th May 2005, I think it probably worked out as about £800 or so after tax.
I remember "share in success".
It cost nearly 35,000 jobs from 2002-2005.
Happy days. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
RobertT wrote:This is probably going to sound amazingly sad but I have got all my RM pay slips dating back to the 80's when I first started the job. Are you referring to the £1,074.00 we got as a 'share in success' payment on 20th May 2005, I think it probably worked out as about £800 or so after tax.
I remember "share in success".
It cost nearly 35,000 jobs from 2002-2005.
Happy days. :cuppa
Yes me too, yet another deal that produced a nil return. Nobody on the shop floor understood the calculation but it was something like the office reached a certain target and anything beyond that was a 50/50 share between the staff and RM; as you say we lost staff and earned precisely nothing.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

RobertT wrote:This is probably going to sound amazingly sad but I have got all my RM pay slips dating back to the 80's when I first started the job. Are you referring to the £1,074.00 we got as a 'share in success' payment on 20th May 2005, I think it probably worked out as about £800 or so after tax.
Spot on that's the figure and I remember we got a couple of hundred over making it just over £1300. Nice surprise when we got that one
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by clashcityrocker »

I'm glad we've cleared that one up. :cuppa
But hang on.....was it pro rata?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

clashcityrocker wrote:I'm glad we've cleared that one up. :cuppa
But hang on.....was it pro rata?
Don't know and don't care just remember that figure and thinking nice surprise in wage packet. Thanks RobertT I was surprised more people never remembered such a large figure in there wages..
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by clashcityrocker »

cloherty1976 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I'm glad we've cleared that one up. :cuppa
But hang on.....was it pro rata?
Don't know and don't care just remember that figure and thinking nice surprise in wage packet. Thanks RobertT I was surprised more people never remembered such a large figure in their wages..
But a lot of us may have been part time back then and therefore we would not have had such a large sum in our wage packet.
P/T were shafted again. :evil/mad
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by fishtank »

cloherty1976 wrote:I was surprised more people never remembered such a large figure in there wages..
Not all of us are driven almost entirely by money.
I do remember it was quite a nice summer that year though.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share