ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mobile phones

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Mobile phones

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
zx135 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Managers aren't interested.
They prefer we use our own mobiles.
In fact, I've been threatened with disciplinary action for refusing to do so.
Well let them call you on your mobile and you use the PDA anytime you need to call them
No.
My mobile isn't for business use. I don't and won't answer it if it's them.
And we haven't been trained to use PDA's to call them, nor do we (or probably the managers for that matter) even know the office code.
then you werent actually properly trained how to use the pda then, the six digit office code is the one underneath your name on the login screen
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Mobile phones

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

zx135 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
zx135 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Managers aren't interested.
They prefer we use our own mobiles.
In fact, I've been threatened with disciplinary action for refusing to do so.
Well let them call you on your mobile and you use the PDA anytime you need to call them
No.
My mobile isn't for business use. I don't and won't answer it if it's them.
And we haven't been trained to use PDA's to call them, nor do we (or probably the managers for that matter) even know the office code.
then you werent actually properly trained how to use the pda then, the six digit office code is the one underneath your name on the login screen
No I wasn't. But that's not my problem.
It's a get out clause.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Mobile phones

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

If a manager rings my phone I just wouldn't answer, if its anything that important they can talk to me in person!