ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown :chuckle
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked
Such a strong word to use...
Shown face might be more appropriate, :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked
Such a strong word to use...
Shown face might be more appropriate, :chuckle
You cheeky sod! Are you sure you're not my DOM :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle I want to drop down a day so I said to the DOM I'd like to cut down on my working week.............I think he's stopped laughing. :shock:
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by RedBagMan »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: or was it futurama
Naah that was Be-Bop Deluxe's second album - featuring the classic "Maid in Heaven"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99KwIZlsVY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(... and Wakefield isn't that far away from Hudd :wink: )
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by crazyshrew »

well this is depressing assuming i'm still in full working order all the way to 68
actual days 15,148
work days 10,820ish

p.s my brain is fuzzed so i cheated on the maths and used this http://www.onlineconversion.com/days_until_retire.htm
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by midegarelu »

1725

:nana :nana
"We employ you so we can sack you"
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by daveyeff »

5plusbonusball wrote:Maybe you should listen to the great Moody Blues song - "22000 days" - "it's all we've got, it's not a lot, 22000 days" - or about 70 years average lifespan of non posties.
Me hopefully 1 shite saturday left then my lotto numbers come up , if not then 15 years left! :mad
i remember when i had 22 christmasses left to do.,,,6 left now yippee.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by krussel »

About 90 mins till I can flop into bed :Very Happy

No idea how many days of work left but I doubt we will make the distance under private ownership. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by daveyeff »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown :chuckle
think of the youngens though. there is a 25 yr old at ours, and the retirement age will be about 75 when he finishes. you could go home, murder the missus, go to jail, do a 30 yr sentence, come out, and he'll still be at work. :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by dvbuk55 »

daveyeff wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well I reckon I have already worked 12,240 days plus a little bit more - that's 48 x 5 x 51............but it's a little bit more than 51 and of course we worked 6 day weeks for years. So I am certainly on a countdown :chuckle
think of the youngens though. there is a 25 yr old at ours, and the retirement age will be about 75 when he finishes. you could go home, murder the missus, go to jail, do a 30 yr sentence, come out, and he'll still be at work. :Very Happy
Get thee behind me Satan.........you are the voice in my head that says "do it" and I am tempted especially for an extra 30 years albeit behind bars :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by daveyeff »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
doorstepped wrote:thats 180 years give or take a year or two!!!
Indeed 71,000 days = 194.392 years :shock: I knew retirement age was getting further and further away but.......
LOL, I took him at face value, then deducted my 4 years that im older than him. Ive 30 years left, so whats that ? 30 yrs x 46 weeks = 1380 x 5 days per week = 6900 working days! Maybe the thick numpty meant 7100 days :left:
wonder how many miles you will walk in that time.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
doorstepped wrote:thats 180 years give or take a year or two!!!
Indeed 71,000 days = 194.392 years :shock: I knew retirement age was getting further and further away but.......
LOL, I took him at face value, then deducted my 4 years that im older than him. Ive 30 years left, so whats that ? 30 yrs x 46 weeks = 1380 x 5 days per week = 6900 working days! Maybe the thick numpty meant 7100 days :left:
wonder how many miles you will walk in that time.

Oh now youve started something! From leaving the office to back to the office, just delivery, I do over 13 miles a day , so its 89`700 :left: Thats not inclusing walking to and from work, and all the walking around at work, I never sit down :thumbdown
Sooooooooooooo how do you manage to stand up and take dump ...........I've heard of man nappies of course but I'd have thought that was a bit extreme :chuckle
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by ewancurze »

solcat wrote:
Ahebban wrote:In the year 2525 .......
Was'nt that a Song.....Ahebban :Very Happy
I actually have the single of that,bought for me as a present in the late 60's (I did ask for it!)
bograt
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 21:45
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by bograt »

166 :nana :Very Happy
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: VERY DEPRESSING FIGURES - WHATS YOUR NUMBER?

Post by Barbel »

No idea, all as I know if I retire at 65 I have 23 working years left. EEk and I'm knackered already!