Our office got 20 brand new vans and before I had left they were all in really good nick .
I must admit I really hated seeing the old clapped out vans driven around looking manky and rusty and bashed .
Not a good advert at all when you see what the other delivery people are driving around in .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
van fleet
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: van fleet
apparently there are no more vans left out of the fleet of 7000+ that were ordered for the revisions. Any new revisions will be receiving recycled vans from the existing fleet.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: van fleet
We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: van fleet
We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: van fleet
Same story in our DO, we are so short that one of our (spare) vans managed to pass an MOT with a crack in the windscreen that ran from driver's side top corner to the passenger side bottom corner! Do RM MOT their own OMVs?UnhappyGremlin wrote:We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: van fleet
Technically yes.Mr_Pink wrote:Same story in our DO, we are so short that one of our (spare) vans managed to pass an MOT with a crack in the windscreen that ran from driver's side top corner to the passenger side bottom corner! Do RM MOT their own OMVs?UnhappyGremlin wrote:We sometimes get told by managers NOT to log vans off, as they are short of them.DGP1 wrote:We can't even get a van when one of ours needs repaired........not that I care, if the van is not roadworthy it will be signed off the road.
This of course triggers quite a few 'issues' to be found.
Though I think officially repairs/servicing/MOT's etc. are outsourced, to RoMEC maybe.
Used to be all one company, but it's all chopped up, well, nearly all...
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: van fleet
Not trueleadseal wrote:apparently there are no more vans left out of the fleet of 7000+ that were ordered for the revisions. Any new revisions will be receiving recycled vans from the existing fleet.