We had a bloke who was reported for taking a leak in someone's front garden against a tree mid winter wearing a hi-vis waterproof with the attendant steam trail - it was Saturday and we used to be out really early and he assumed they'd still be in bed - he got a warning!celerycelery wrote:I know of a postman who was sacked when caught doing this between 2 hedges between houses. don't risk it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
toilet brakes on rounds
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Why take the risk?
Point out the issue to your manager, and let them sort it. Tell them until they do, you'll be returning to the office.
It's their fault in the first place, they should have ensured there were toilet stops.
Point out the issue to your manager, and let them sort it. Tell them until they do, you'll be returning to the office.
It's their fault in the first place, they should have ensured there were toilet stops.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
happened to me once but a long time ago, was holding it in for a long while then couldnt take it any more, the next house where someone wasnt in i managed to nip down their side alley and slash up the side of their house - no better feeling !
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:I dont have the time.
-
POSTWOMAN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 20:23
- Gender: Female
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
can someone specify how the rules work regarding taking toilet break vs coming back to the office vs overtime ??
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Its down to your manager to arrange for a place for you to use if there are no toilet facilities on your round. It seems more and more public loos are being closed down by local councillors who have no regard for us outdoor workers. As for the lady who tries not to drink too much on her round, I wonder how she is doing in this heat at the moment. You must keep hydrated. There should be time built into your duty for a comfort break. If your manager won't/can't arrange for a place for you to stop for a loo break then tell him/her you'll be coming back to the office, that should focus their mind on arranging something for you.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
38Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: im 38 now so getting to where I need to bog more often
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
I once took a dump in a tray in my van.
Stunk
Stunk
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.
![]()
Stunk
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
k979aaa wrote:Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.
![]()
Stunk
Squash another tray into it and leave it by the IPS for the following morning
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Stick it in the DOM's office......Brains wrote:k979aaa wrote:Hope you did not put it in the clean mail.mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.
![]()
Stunk
Squash another tray into it and leave it by the IPS for the following morning
But would they notice?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Probably promote it....
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
You need one of these, my missus uses one when we go out walkingBarbel wrote:Touch wood, in the 6 months of being a postwoman, I've never needed to go while out delivering. I make sure I go before I leave the office and don't drink too much on my round. God knows what I'd do if I did, it's not like I can lob it out anywhere.

If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
SP115
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Location: Location
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
Lateagainpostie wrote:You need one of these, my missus uses one when we go out walkingBarbel wrote:Touch wood, in the 6 months of being a postwoman, I've never needed to go while out delivering. I make sure I go before I leave the office and don't drink too much on my round. God knows what I'd do if I did, it's not like I can lob it out anywhere.
-
dav1524
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 14:12
- Gender: Male
Re: toilet brakes on rounds
What did you use for toilet paper.mandelsons_toenail wrote:I once took a dump in a tray in my van.
![]()
Stunk