Well then.........maybe it's time for some mega trollingmaisymoo04 wrote:Sure you said that last time dg seems I didn't take any notice pal![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What is the "Delivery supplement"?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
How best to describe the delivery supplement
well for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?wandle wrote:So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ?UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
Thought you worked outside DVdvbuk55 wrote:How best to describe the delivery supplementwell for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
It's true that it isn't a payment for d2d, but what actually funds the supplement? Isn't it based on the amounts that were paid out in d2d money, so in effect delivery staff are losing out and non-delivery staff are gaining.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?wandle wrote:So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ?UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
It is also funded by the ending of the early shift allowance and some other allowances, so not just D2D moneyOnAFlyer wrote:It's true that it isn't a payment for d2d, but what actually funds the supplement? Isn't it based on the amounts that were paid out in d2d money, so in effect delivery staff are losing out and non-delivery staff are gaining.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're on about. Did you read the whole thread?wandle wrote:So, are we to assume then, that if a suitable admin vacancy crops up, and you apply for it and are successful, you will donate to charity each week, a sum equivalent to the delivery supplement you will still be receiving? I mean, to do otherwise would make you a hypocrite, would it not ?UnhappyGremlin wrote:Prio locker staff/callers office staff who get it, and in my office the admin staff also receive it. Don't actually perform any actual delivering of mail, but are tagged to and work in deliveries. There are, apparently, some in MC's that get it.
I was merely pointing out WHO gets the payment, not that I agree or disagree with it. The OP asked what is for, and between us we have answered.
As I said previously, it is for working in and being tagged to delivery function, but does not require you to actually deliver mail. I did not mean, as you have apparently assumed, quite wrongly, that those who do get it, but don't deliver mail, are in some way in the wrong. They are not, they're due it, and deserve it.
Some do believe that, unless you actually deliver mail, you shouldn't get it, and feel aggrieved people do. I am not one of them. The main problem is some staffs erroneous belief that it is a replacement payment for D2D money, it isn't and never has been.
And I would never work in admin, hate being indoors too much.
Quite how it would make me, or anyone else, a hypocrite, I don't know, but whatever role I fill, I will keep all related payments, as I am due them.
I assume you work in admin, and took my post out of context.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
The explanation that monies were used to fund the Delivery Supplement was used only as a way to get the message across to staff, nothing more.
It is time that people accept that D2D's are no longer paid separate, haven't been for nearly 3 years, and are now part of the everyday workload.
I'm not saying I agree with the removal of the old D2D payments, I don't, all delivery posties lost out on that. But then, they were extra work, and supposedly not to be done during normal contracted hours, or so my manager told me.
It is time that people accept that D2D's are no longer paid separate, haven't been for nearly 3 years, and are now part of the everyday workload.
I'm not saying I agree with the removal of the old D2D payments, I don't, all delivery posties lost out on that. But then, they were extra work, and supposedly not to be done during normal contracted hours, or so my manager told me.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
I did once - no I'm one of those shiftless lazy indoor workers who look on the delivery supplement as a sort of freebiemaisymoo04 wrote:Thought you worked outside DVdvbuk55 wrote:How best to describe the delivery supplementwell for those on delivery it's hard earned money but for indoor staff, like me, it's money for old rope - and before some wit asks - NO I won't be giving it to charity.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
It is......... 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shamemaisymoo04 wrote:It is.........
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
I'm not a fan of the whole delivery supplement shambles,more for the way it was sold and the personal loss of my shift allowance than anything else but in a few years time(if it's still around) once people forget that we used to get paid separately for D2D...members will wonder how the union managed to get us a supplement for basically doing our job.
Does a Tesco employee get a "shelf stacking" supplement?
Does a Tesco employee get a "shelf stacking" supplement?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
We must have had over 20 new starters since the change who wouldn't have had the D2D payment and sooner or later it'll be incorporated into pay.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
What book parcels indvbuk55 wrote:OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shamemaisymoo04 wrote:It is.........Having said that look how the locker staff do good things for the delivery staff
........ well there must be something
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
Erm...........no the callers office does that .................I erm ermmaisymoo04 wrote:What book parcels indvbuk55 wrote:OH No! Outed as a freeloader.................the shamemaisymoo04 wrote:It is.........Having said that look how the locker staff do good things for the delivery staff
........ well there must be something
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: What is the "Delivery supplement"?
Hahaha DV gotcha 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"