ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
goodbye royal mail
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
so after 13 years..5 years of physiotherapy...and 3 months off recovering from surgery...royal mail have offered me ihr..so come end of may I shall be getting my social life back..sad to leave some of the lads..but as our office is going into van share think its the right time..enjoy 
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
only had 4 different jobs in my time.
one was a laugh but not fulfilling
one exploited its workers
one unexploited its workers
but the boss was a t1t when it came to things financial
this one had its laughs but essentially was quite a demanding job....unless you had your own cushy walk.
overall i enjoyed it though.
good bye.
will be hanging about the forum though
one was a laugh but not fulfilling
one exploited its workers
one unexploited its workers
this one had its laughs but essentially was quite a demanding job....unless you had your own cushy walk.
overall i enjoyed it though.
good bye.
will be hanging about the forum though
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: goodbye royal mail
And no doubt as time passes, and you hear ever more worsening stories from those still in jail, I mean RM, you'll think how glad you were to escape when you did.flaminmoses wrote:only had 4 different jobs in my time.
one was a laugh but not fulfilling
one exploited its workers
one unexploited its workersbut the boss was a t1t when it came to things financial
![]()
this one had its laughs but essentially was quite a demanding job....unless you had your own cushy walk.
overall i enjoyed it though.
good bye.
will be hanging about the forum though
Good luck.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: goodbye royal mail
I think its accelerated since Crozier (although have no links to prove it) - I guess because of his claim of Spanish Practices and being only 60% efficient this gave management the green light to turn the screw and no we have the situation where after about 10 - 15 years working as a walking postie things start to break down. CDV and trolleys "may" extend the useful working life of an average postie but not enough to make this a School to retirement job.stokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pekeroon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihrstokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: goodbye royal mail
What about this crammypostie1?pekeroon wrote:10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihrstokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
How do you explain this?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
pekeroon wrote:10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihrstokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
ihrs doubled in a 2 year period upto last summer.
think it may be a strategy leading upto privatisation.
-
human1
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
What kind of job you have managed to get ? more pay than RM?
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: goodbye royal mail
Which would have been better IHR or voluntary redundancy, are they using IHR as a backdoor redundancy ? 
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: goodbye royal mail
Breakfast ? 
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
UnhappyGremlin wrote:What about this crammypostie1?pekeroon wrote:10 years ago i never heard of anyone taking ihrstokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
But over the years the walks have got far to big that it has got quite common to hear of ihr in my ex office
and some of the people are only in there 30's
Sad really it was a nice job 10 years ago
How do you explain this?