ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Snow

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32817
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by POSTMAN »

That actually made me do that lol thing.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Snow

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
I googled it.
Where does the bag go?

Image
I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport version

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by montriff »

If we have to ditch the trolly do we go back to shorter delivery span ? :hmmmm
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: Snow

Post by rockytony67 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
fishtank wrote:
da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
I googled it.
Where does the bag go?

Image
I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport version

Image
Bloody hell don't want to use one of those Radio Flyer's, looks like Jimmy Savile is on the controls in the background :nervous
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
ghostgirl
Posts: 157
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:44

Re: Snow

Post by ghostgirl »

ashadd wrote:ALSO, for all us trolley dollies , according to the ssow relating to lwt s, then we shouldn't use them in snow.It doesn't say what we should use though... :whistle :whistle
Well we aren't allowed to carry bags so RM are gonna have one hell of a problem!! :whistle
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Snow

Post by krussel »

rockytony67 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
fishtank wrote:
da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
I googled it.
Where does the bag go?

Image
I also googled it - I think I found the DOMs personal transport version

Image
Bloody hell don't want to use one of those Radio Flyer's, looks like Jimmy Savile is on the controls in the background :nervous
I noticed that :left: His hands on his crotch as well :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :nervous
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by Lazycarton »

Now then, now then!
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

I would be out there all day if i didn't use a bike on my round, heaven knows how long it'll take walking it in snow?!
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by chooch »

JiminyBillyBob, It'll take as long as it takes to get back to the office, complete your paper-work and leave at the regular time your contracted hours say you should leave..

anything more and, sorry, but you're being a fool to yourself.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
da'bunny wrote:I use a Radio Flyer (little red wagon) Google images if you dont know what one is..
I googled it.
Where does the bag go?

Image
Don't you mean which side do you dress sir :whistle
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by RTP »

So with a significant amount of snow forecast for Friday, does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you can't get into work. By that I mean

- do you still get paid, or do you have to reach the office to sign in, in order to be paid?

- if you are paid are there any catches, like it goes down as paid special leave?

- if you are not paid does it go down as an absence, or are you allowed to take it as a holiday, or unpaid special leave?

- if you are paid, do the same rules apply whereby you make up the hours the next day and can't book the overtime, because if they don't then it doesn't seem fair on those that can't deliver due to the snow, then choose to go home early and make the time good the next day, while others get to sit at home ALL day?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by fishtank »

RTP wrote:So with a significant amount of snow forecast for Friday, does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you can't get into work.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 67#p539808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Snow

Post by RTP »

Cheers Fish, that's just what I was looking for.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Snow

Post by krussel »

Anyone heard what time the snow is due to hit the country on Fri :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........