ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by Pat Ostman »

realitybites wrote:Part timers at our DO are meant to arrive at a fully prepped frame. 25 hour employees don't take out absorption either. Still pre revision. When P&L is finally introduced I don't know how 25 hour contractees will be utilised.
What was your typical day on a 25 hour contract before the revision?
9-2 if your WTYT
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

fishtank wrote:I came in for the witty banter and that feeling of goodwill and lighthearted rapport between friends,the mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together,the comradeship,the camaraderie,the spirit of friendly good-fellowship.
Instead i met a bunch of weird loners,most of whom still lived with their mothers. :neutral:
I noticed this when i started working for RM, a lot of guys still living at home, is this just because of the financially hard times we've hit upon, or has this always been the case? I understand the weird loner thing though, of course people like that will be attracted to a job where you left alone for most of the day.
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 15 Jan 2013, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [quote="fishtank"] added
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by dvbuk55 »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
fishtank wrote:I came in for the witty banter and that feeling of goodwill and lighthearted rapport between friends,the mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together,the comradeship,the camaraderie,the spirit of friendly good-fellowship.
Instead i met a bunch of weird loners,most of whom still lived with their mothers. :neutral:
I noticed this when i started working for RM, a lot of guys still living at home, is this just because of the financially hard times we've hit upon, or has this always been the case? I understand the weird loner thing though, of course people like that will be attracted to a job where you left alone for most of the day.
Well speaking personally it was the uniform that attracted me :cuppa oh by the way I still live at home............the one I've had for 30 odd years :wave Am I weird though? :hmmmm
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by chooch »

I tried living in a tent and a cardboard box.. couldn't really call either of them a home though..
Scarlett13
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by Scarlett13 »

Hi I'm 30 hours an go live next week but are coming in on our new hours this week but when I got in this morning only my codeds where throw of an was told only my codeds would be thrown off, is this right or should all my walk be throw off?? I also had to put my DTD together.... Help before it gets out of hand.

Thanks peter
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by dvbuk55 »

Scarlett13 wrote:Hi I'm 30 hours an go live next week but are coming in on our new hours this week but when I got in this morning only my codeds where throw of an was told only my codeds would be thrown off, is this right or should all my walk be throw off?? I also had to put my DTD together.... Help before it gets out of hand.

Thanks peter
You'd need more info than that, like what sort of duty, how many days etcetera
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by OnAFlyer »

JiminyBillyBob wrote:
fishtank wrote:I came in for the witty banter and that feeling of goodwill and lighthearted rapport between friends,the mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together,the comradeship,the camaraderie,the spirit of friendly good-fellowship.
Instead i met a bunch of weird loners,most of whom still lived with their mothers. :neutral:
I noticed this when i started working for RM, a lot of guys still living at home, is this just because of the financially hard times we've hit upon, or has this always been the case? I understand the weird loner thing though, of course people like that will be attracted to a job where you left alone for most of the day.
Some of the guys from my office are loaded, in their 40's and still live with parents. It must be a universal postie thing.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Cutting off with P&L partner and part time prep

Post by dvbuk55 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
JiminyBillyBob wrote:
fishtank wrote:I came in for the witty banter and that feeling of goodwill and lighthearted rapport between friends,the mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together,the comradeship,the camaraderie,the spirit of friendly good-fellowship.
Instead i met a bunch of weird loners,most of whom still lived with their mothers. :neutral:
I noticed this when i started working for RM, a lot of guys still living at home, is this just because of the financially hard times we've hit upon, or has this always been the case? I understand the weird loner thing though, of course people like that will be attracted to a job where you left alone for most of the day.
Some of the guys from my office are loaded, in their 40's and still live with parents. It must be a universal postie thing.
What's the point of moving out, when the old uns snuff it they're just going to move back in :chuckle :chuckle