ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by justdeno »

Got a gold coin! with chocolate in it :sad:
scooby
Posts: 287
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: lost some where.....

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by scooby »

my van buddy had a big cuddly toy dog that big he has to go back and pick it up lol
marlboroman
Posts: 31
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 22:07
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by marlboroman »

Last year 250,this year on park and loop looking like sod all .Not suprised though as last year I had my own round and had an idea what my role was.
Now its take this out,leave that loop in ,leave packets in or stay out til dark. :evil/mad
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by Darren Bent »

Sod all again as I am floating week reserve. I probably got about 20 pounds in last 6 christmas combined :(
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by DGP1 »

Sherpas Rule wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:40 Rothmans king size the other day!
Smoking is bad for you :no no but so is royalmail :d'oh!
Royal Mail drives you to smoking, and drinking, and a whole load of other vices!
Lucky you that can afford to smoke..........and drink............and indulge in other vices :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:40 Rothmans king size the other day!
Smoking is bad for you :no no but so is royalmail :d'oh!
Royal Mail drives you to smoking, and drinking, and a whole load of other vices!
Lucky you that can afford to smoke..........and drink............and indulge in other vices :nervous
Well I don't drink, I don't smoke and the other vices are merely a fond memory ................unfortunately. :sad:
freig
Posts: 11
Joined: 21 Oct 2009, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by freig »

tomorrow is my bloody birthday - they do say it only lasts a day and I sincerely hope so.[/quote]

I can confirm that your birthday will last no longer than a day.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by korky »

bird who coughed up a fiver last Xmas told me other day that she's disgusted in the price hike of the stamp and hand delivering as many as she can this year, so looks like that's gone for a burton! and i only got that tip because she asked me to pass on a tenner to the "regular" who had left 4 months before!
I'll be having to tip the neighbours xmas13 at this rate for taking in parcels!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by fishtank »

I had the card,big smile,thanks son....just to open it and find out that's all it was...a card thingy today.
I'm normally quite laid back about tips,i don't do the cheesy tip hunting,silly hat thing and i really don't care but....i was pissed off.
The trouble was he tipped me £10 last year and he's minted so this was obviously a message that behind the big smile and thanks son i had pissed him off first.
Punters...you've got to love them. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by eric the viking »

Two 500ml bottles of cider from my local producer but only after I spent ten quid of my own money with them. Still a tip is a tip and they didn't have to give anything so I'm happy. :Very Happy
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by monkeymutha »

No tips for me as knumbnuts manager moved me off the walk I've done ALL year and put me on one I've never ever done before (just for next week leading up to xmas). I was gobsmacked and have started my own overtime ban.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by TheCobra »

monkeymutha wrote:No tips for me as knumbnuts manager moved me off the walk I've done ALL year and put me on one I've never ever done before (just for next week leading up to xmas). I was gobsmacked and have started my own overtime ban.
That's pretty harsh!

I have £7 so far. A £2 tip and a fiver.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by RTP »

fishtank wrote:I had the card,big smile,thanks son....just to open it and find out that's all it was...a card thingy today.
I'm normally quite laid back about tips,i don't do the cheesy tip hunting,silly hat thing and i really don't care but....i was pissed off.
The trouble was he tipped me £10 last year and he's minted so this was obviously a message that behind the big smile and thanks son i had pissed him off first.
Punters...you've got to love them. :neutral:
I guess that ones in the black book then ?
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by cyberheater »

I've had sweet FA and I'm not expecting anything as I've just been put on this duty.
KS
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Sep 2012, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: When Does the "Christmas Tips" thread start ??

Post by KS »

I'm well chuffed - Had £24 in various denominations, bottle of wine,two box of choccies and a bag of 5 past their best tomatoes- dont ask, elderly lady - made me smile though. Thought about sharing with the guy who does the packets on my round as he never gets to see anyone, cos he always leaves the parcels on the doorstep.