Ditto , girls use hand cream , mine are my toolsfishtank wrote:This hand cream stuff seems all very modern to me.
My hands are...hands.
I don't pay very much attention to them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hand Cream
-
Vespacol
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Kettering
Re: Hand Cream
Last edited by Vespacol on 07 Dec 2012, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
-
Nobodyshero
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
I steal my daughter's nivea hand cream it seems to work well enough
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
In my experience THE most effective barrier and moistureizer is 100% Petroleum Jelly - also sold as Vaseline.
All the other moistureizers contain water and scents which bulk-out the product leaving less oily substance to actually moisturize.
The key thing is to apply it several times per day especially after washing your hands as this is when they will dry out and tiny cracks will open up which lead to cuts. Keep some in a tiny container in your pocket so you can rub some in throughout the day.
If regular application isn't effective enough get a pair of gloves, put a huge amount of PJ on your hands and put the gloves on overnight. This will give you a deep moisturising session. You can take such gloves around shopping/at work and each time you put them on they will moisturize your hands!!! This is also why burglars never have cracked or chapped hands.

All the other moistureizers contain water and scents which bulk-out the product leaving less oily substance to actually moisturize.
The key thing is to apply it several times per day especially after washing your hands as this is when they will dry out and tiny cracks will open up which lead to cuts. Keep some in a tiny container in your pocket so you can rub some in throughout the day.
If regular application isn't effective enough get a pair of gloves, put a huge amount of PJ on your hands and put the gloves on overnight. This will give you a deep moisturising session. You can take such gloves around shopping/at work and each time you put them on they will moisturize your hands!!! This is also why burglars never have cracked or chapped hands.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb. 
-
k3nnyboy
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 06 Jun 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
At this time of year I don't think anything really works but neutrogena norwegian formula definitely helps. I also use dermashield (http://www.dermashield.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
not cheap but if it works for you, you can get it on prescription.
not cheap but if it works for you, you can get it on prescription.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Hand Cream
Just get some microporous tape out of the first aid box and tape round the top of your thumb,works very well for the splits round the nails,no need to bother with those pansy cream products.dvbuk55 wrote:I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
But I like those pansy hand creamsDB1100 wrote:Just get some microporous tape out of the first aid box and tape round the top of your thumb,works very well for the splits round the nails,no need to bother with those pansy cream products.dvbuk55 wrote:I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb.
-
bydand91
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Cream
Hemp hand cream from the body shop is great,I have been using it for years 
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
Just wear marigolds on delivery ,great help and looks cool too
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Hand Cream
Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.
No smutty answers DGP

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
DGP1 wrote:Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.
No smutty answers DGPAs if I would..............personally, I use this
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Hand Cream
dvbuk55 wrote:DGP1 wrote:Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.
No smutty answers DGPAs if I would..............personally, I use this
and on your hands?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Orinoko
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
That's interesting because we used to use those rubbish red bands that kept breaking after a couple of uses, then we strated getting beige ones that hardly broke at all. Just recently though we've found the latest batch of beige ones are breaking as frequently as the old red ones so they must be the dodgy new ones.shepherdess wrote:check your office hasnt changed the elastic bands a lot of people are reporting problems with allergic reactions
My hands are drying and and I'm getting painful cracking too. Maybe it's the bands or could just be down to the recent cold weather, or maybe its a combination of the two. Another factor could be the chemicals used to recycle paper for envelopes.
Will try hand cream and fingerless gloves.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Hand Cream
I like the way the adverts on the top of these pages change with the topic being discussed. I'm waiting for a hand cream advert to pop up any minute or maybe a lubricant ad? 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Hand Cream
Spanking!........................I'm waitinggggggggggggggggggg5plusbonusball wrote:I like the way the adverts on the top of these pages change with the topic being discussed. I'm waiting for a hand cream advert to pop up any minute or maybe a lubricant ad?