ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sacked ....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deanomac83
Posts: 67
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 17:00
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by deanomac83 »

cyberheater wrote:I was told to pouch off endorsed items. Put them in a blue pouch of bag and then post them in a post box. Is that wrong?

EDIT. Also to the OP. It must be nice to work in a office where you've got so many spare staff they can sack someone on the spot.
Haha yeah right! We are staffed to the bare bones.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3377
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Mr Rush »

If you don't have a blue return pouch you can still band clearly endorsed letters together and pouch off, but you shouldn't place loose and unendorsed letters into boxes. I did that when I had just started though I never got pulled up for it, but as usual it's a case of not being trained properly.
The machine stops.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Bahia Feliz »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Sacked ....

Post by DGP1 »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
I deliver mine, not too sure what Teebs does but that's what I was trained to do.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16733
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Sacked ....

Post by clashcityrocker »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
You "reclassify" them.
Dog at large, no access, TFCBA.

If a letter has been missorted, it can't have been checked for redirections/keepsafe so unless you are certain you know all your redirections, "check redirection" as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
claude
Posts: 30
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 21:10
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by claude »

I bought back a miss sort today. It was a flat in a polythene bag that was stuck to another one. The adress on it was Coventry, 100 miles from wghere I work, should i have gone out in my own time and deliverede it
Mr Rush
Posts: 3377
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Mr Rush »

claude wrote:I bought back a miss sort today. It was a flat in a polythene bag that was stuck to another one. The adress on it was Coventry, 100 miles from wghere I work, should i have gone out in my own time and deliverede it
If you're on P&L you have a van, so yes :chuckle
The machine stops.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sacked ....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it. :whistle :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by cyberheater »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Pat Ostman wrote:
Postal1 wrote:I thought you could bring back misssorted mail to the office. I Mean surely you're not expected to go around the delivery again with them?
Depends what day it is/current mood of DOM
I never bring back Mis Sorts. However, do have a few dogs loose, gate locked, Temporary No Access and other typical endorsements.
I always write "For Enquiry". It seems to cover it.
nuttyboy
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 14:38
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by nuttyboy »

deanomac83 wrote:One of our casuals was escorted off the premises today and presumably sacked! Apparently he reintroduced mail into a post box instead of finishing his dutie. Silly boy!

I know he is a casual but is it that easy for RM to sack him on the spot? As permanent staff would be suspended under investigation!
probably trained by jesus
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Bahia Feliz »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it. :whistle :hmmmm
ok mr perfect
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Sacked ....

Post by DGP1 »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it. :whistle :hmmmm
ok mr perfect
He's not prefect but like some of us, he does have a heartfelt belief that he should serve his customers and that he should watch his every action for fear that he would get sacked over something really stupid.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Bahia Feliz »

DGP1 wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? :hmmmm
The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it. :whistle :hmmmm
ok mr perfect
He's not prefect but like some of us, he does have a heartfelt belief that he should serve his customers and that he should watch his every action for fear that he would get sacked over something really stupid.
He may not be perfect but he is i.m.o patronizing!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by fishtank »

Do i have to spell it out.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16733
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Sacked ....

Post by clashcityrocker »

Bahia Feliz wrote: He may not be perfect but he is i.m.o patronizing!
What he said was:
I never bring back Mis Sorts. However, do have a few dogs loose, gate locked, Temporary No Access and other typical endorsements.
He never brings back missorts because he calls them something else.
If you call it a missort there might be a problem depending on your DOM's mood that day.
If you call it Temp No Access - there won't be.
It is simply a matter of not giving them enough rope to hang you with.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.