ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by bigcol »

Ossie From Preston wrote:It's now been officially confirmed withe Daily Mail online
If the Daily Mail says so it must be official. :crazy:
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by fng »

bigcol wrote:
Ossie From Preston wrote:It's now been officially confirmed withe Daily Mail online
If the Daily Mail says so it must be official. :crazy:
My mum (daily mail reader :roll: ) phoned me to tell me it was starting today !! :shock: Not on my shift it aint :so there
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by NWpostie »

P739 and back to the office, thats what I have been doing, I very rarely leave anything with a neighbour and only if its officially listed as a safe place. :no no

My job is more important than their convenience.

At times like this I wish we had a "like" button to click cos I would "like" this myself !
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Silly Sarah
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
Gender: Female
Location: wild west

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by Silly Sarah »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote: ....I would hope no postie is stupid enough to leave a recorded delivery letter with a neighbour...but. :nervous
No.
Far better to sign for it yourself and deliver it to the correct address. :Very Happy
We were effectively threatened with the sack if we do that in our office.
What have I done to deserve this?
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by catch22 »

i wont sign for anything, its all returned.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16733
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Silly Sarah wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote: ....I would hope no postie is stupid enough to leave a recorded delivery letter with a neighbour...but. :nervous
No.
Far better to sign for it yourself and deliver it to the correct address. :Very Happy
We were effectively threatened with the sack if we do that in our office.
I was joking - hence the smiley face at the end.
You don't sign for anything - it is a sackable offence.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by L8Hatter »

Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16733
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by clashcityrocker »

L8Hatter wrote:Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
No.
The sticker is only if they want to opt out of the scheme.
Otherwise the choice of neighbour is at the postie's discretion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by crazyshrew »

I have noticed some with an added scribble saying "Leave at No.. ONLY" or "leave in green bin" etc.

These could make life easier but they still get 739d and returned to DO
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?

Post by L8Hatter »

clashcityrocker wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
No.
The sticker is only if they want to opt out of the scheme.
Otherwise the choice of neighbour is at the postie's discretion.
Thanks mate. It hasn't made a jot of difference on my round then, and probably most others. Didn't realise I'd been breaking the law for the last two years by leaving packets with neighbours I know :shock: At least I won't go to prison now