ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Never thought it would happen at our place

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ronpetetrevchris
Posts: 503
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 17:55

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by ronpetetrevchris »

Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
obscurityknocks
Posts: 195
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 12:17
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by obscurityknocks »

ronpetetrevchris wrote:Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
I think it's more to do with the worry of losing your job if you contact the press etc. Not allowed to take photos anymore in our office so no way of proving things like what's been said here.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by dvbuk55 »

ronpetetrevchris wrote:Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
You've hit the nail on the head rptc, the customer has been aclimatised to a worse service year on year for the last five years or more and they just don't care anymore and it is definitely no longer newsworthy. The next time we'll be in the news will be on privatisation, no doubt taking a lambasting for a crap service brought about by a lazy workforce.
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by *xen* »

clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by clashcityrocker »

*xen* wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.
That's a very strange request.
Why would you want that? And what would you do with it?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by *xen* »

clashcityrocker wrote:
*xen* wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.
That's a very strange request.
Why would you want that? And what would you do with it?
I guess I'm calling your bluff.

So, what have you directly highlighted to our illustrious leader,and what, if any, was the response?
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by clashcityrocker »

*xen* wrote:
I guess I'm calling your bluff.

So, what have you directly highlighted to our illustrious leader,and what, if any, was the response?
Calling my bluff?
Or asking me to identify myself?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by *xen* »

I'm sure you can talk in general terms if you're that paranoid chum. :Very Happy

Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by POSTMAN »

I've used it and had some results.
One problem i've encountered though is when i as for a specific procedure clarification due to what i read on here they ask me for the office in question where the problem is,which of course i can't give........or the cruds send me an intranet link.

As a rule,if you're getting s**t,you wanna grass,be prepared to at least name the office the s**t is in.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by Straight4ward »

I'm sure you can talk in general terms if you're that paranoid chum.
“Paranoid Chum – top breeders recommend it.”

Interesting approach Mr Xen, though if you are really interested in what happens when you use that channel then there’s no substitute for first-hand experience.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by *xen* »

In my brief time with Royal Mail I have slowly realised the true state of affairs. From my perspective, it is an ill-managed, chaotic, and grossly unfair mess.

I was just interested if the very senior management really give a s**t.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by General Mannerheim »

*xen* wrote:In my brief time with Royal Mail I have slowly realised the true state of affairs. From my perspective, it is an ill-managed, chaotic, and grossly unfair mess.

I was just interested if the very senior management really give a s**t.
Do you have to ask of course they do! ;liar
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by monkeymutha »

*xen* wrote:Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
When you send an email there you get a signed email from Moya saying that she has personally passed your email onto someone else i.e. bullshit.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by malcolm3011 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:No office should ever close before the last person has returned.
Except perhaps in SPDOs where the last one to return locks up on a Saturday, like I did yesterday. :Very Happy
They ahould make it a rule that no manager can go home on Saturdays till the last person is back from delivery, most offices the manager goes home after the last person has GONE OUT on delivery :evil/mad
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Never thought it would happen at our place

Post by hampshireman »

monkeymutha wrote:
*xen* wrote:Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
When you send an email there you get a signed email from Moya saying that she has personally passed your email onto someone else i.e. bullshit.
I have mailed ..and got a response.

A very good friend mailed ... and got their job and hours back..

So, maybe sometimes it does work