ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer to Scotland:Pref Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer to Scotland:Pref Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Alverton wrote:
zx135 wrote:there is two vacancies in dunbar office at moment think they are pt though

Yeah I've seen this aswell. P/T and to far south for me, but much appreciated for the help.
Where abouts are you moving to as people may be able to offer better suggestions as you have said a pretty huge area yet something 20 min further than edinburgh where u suggest is too far yet you suggest perth which is quite a drive away from some places
Alverton
Posts: 22
Joined: 01 May 2012, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer to:Pref Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife

Post by Alverton »

zx135 wrote:
Alverton wrote:
zx135 wrote:there is two vacancies in dunbar office at moment think they are pt though

Yeah I've seen this aswell. P/T and to far south for me, but much appreciated for the help.
Where abouts are you moving to as people may be able to offer better suggestions as you have said a pretty huge area yet something 20 min further than edinburgh where u suggest is too far yet you suggest perth which is quite a drive away from some places
My partner lives in middle of Fife, figured my best chance for a transfer are the main cities/towns. If I'm lucky enough to get a transfer to Perth, then I'll move to Perth, if Dundee etc.





:wink: In before 'you still might be 30-40 mins away'; It'll be better than the current 350miles.
Alverton
Posts: 22
Joined: 01 May 2012, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer to Scotland:Pref Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, Fife

Post by Alverton »

B U M P

I had last week off, went directly to alot of possible offices. I was met with stares, and bumbling answers to my Q's. They told me it was best to go through the proper routes for a transfer. I told them, that was non-existent and the advice given was to go to the DO directly. I relayed the story of the two new transfers into my office who walked straight into F/T jobs!!!! after they contacted the offices directly.

Pretty much what I expected.

Still any extra info, or a number to a better, more suitable person/manager/Rep would be very much appreciated.