ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ice-Skate Trainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by krussel »

The Mags are the worse by far. :roll:

The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:The Mags are the worse by far. :roll:

The best we ever got were Clarkes shoes which were comfy amd had good grip from day one. However they were expensive and soon dropped. :sad:
http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20318607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not much more expensive than CATs :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
KDHULL
Posts: 31
Joined: 10 Jan 2011, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by KDHULL »

As for stairs outside , they should all be banned full stop.
Write a letter (via dom) to all residents saying put a box at GROUND level or no mail .
I had 17 outside steps to flats once on a duty and got them reduced to nil straight after my first trip. All were obliging and were in my favour.
moleymole
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 May 2011, 11:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by moleymole »

Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.
Last edited by moleymole on 08 May 2012, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by DGP1 »

moleymole wrote:Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Twat. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.
Yes, those aren't my rules, they are RMs rules and fall foul of them and you'll get a warning, maybe not happening in England yet but it is here in NI and so will be coming to you soon.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by clashcityrocker »

The aggressive case management of "incidents" on delivery appears to walk hand in hand with the roll out of World Class Mail.
Aiming for being accident free and being free of reported accidents isn't the same.
We have managers doing outdoor observations to ensure people are using handrails correctly. Any incident involving non use of the handrail will now be down to the postman.
And I'm always really suspicious of places that have those signs up saying "9 million days free of accidents".
Who wants to be the one to return it back to zero?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by Toby Tyke »

DGP1 wrote:
Toby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh wait :hmmmm £80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks :nervous :chuckle :chuckle (is that liable?).
Cat trainers in our local cheap and nasty shop £12 a pair.
Could not see if the royal mail tag had been cut off or not :chuckle
Karrimor walking shoes £25 from local Sports Direct. Get a pair and take receipt in and claim it back from manager.
Quite a few of us have done this in our office. You can claim up to £30.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
Toby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh wait :hmmmm £80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks :nervous :chuckle :chuckle (is that liable?).
Is that liable for what?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by DGP1 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Toby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh wait :hmmmm £80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks :nervous :chuckle :chuckle (is that liable?).
Is that liable for what?
Being buried under the patio :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by montriff »

DGP1 wrote:http://www.catfootwear.com/UK/en-GB/Pro ... mensions=0

You can put your own review in :nervous not that I would suggest doing anything stupid :wink:
£70 wow give me £50 and ill source my own shoes
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Toby Tyke wrote:Cat trainers are absolute rubbish in the wet.
Any polished type drives or footpaths you are in trouble.
My other trainers(karrimor) are fine in the wet.
As the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Try Googleing the price of CAT trainers against the price of Karrimor trainers and you'll see why RM chose the CATs............oh wait :hmmmm £80 for CATs and £25 for Karrimors.............somebody must be on kickbacks :nervous :chuckle :chuckle (is that liable?).
Is that liable for what?
A spanking - you know what he's like teefer :whistle
moleymole
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 May 2011, 11:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ice-Skate Trainers

Post by moleymole »

DGP1 wrote:
moleymole wrote:Glad it's not just me then. Can't believe that guy saying I should be on a H&S warning. Went back later to see how far I'd slipped as I go past about an hour later, & the steps had dried up & looked perfectly normal. Does he think I shouldn't deliver to any basement's when it's wet just in case they're slippy? I was just trying to highlight how dodgy these CAT soles are as I'm still hurting where I landed on my arms & backside - but at least they're vegan. Wore the CAT boots when it was snowy & the cow's had their revenge on me by ripping my heels to shreds. Never again.
Yes, those aren't my rules, they are RMs rules and fall foul of them and you'll get a warning, maybe not happening in England yet but it is here in NI and so will be coming to you soon.
No-one's said anything like that to me, though I've only been doing this 9 months? Is that the same for all basement steps in NI, or just the dodgy ones? Surely that means that some people don't get mail for days on end when the weather's crap?