Since we have been getting sequenced mail the amount of letters to sort by hand on ips has more than doubledclashcityrocker wrote:I didn't think there was any IPS any more.
Don't the machines sequence everything?
.
Since we have been getting sequenced mail the amount of letters to sort by hand on ips has more than doubledclashcityrocker wrote:I didn't think there was any IPS any more.
Don't the machines sequence everything?
Totally agree, they should've run the old mech machines alongside the WSM. The new ones reject so much.STEWPOT wrote:Since we have been getting sequenced mail the amount of letters to sort by hand on ips has more than doubledclashcityrocker wrote:I didn't think there was any IPS any more.
Don't the machines sequence everything?
.
Stormproof wrote:Thats the best joke I've heard this year clashclashcityrocker wrote:I didn't think there was any IPS any more.
Don't the machines sequence everything?![]()
![]()

Yeah, because 30 rejects per batch is obscene.Stormproof wrote:The new ones reject so much.
Whilst I accept your assertion that 30 rejects per batch is the norm is there any explanation for why we get more IPS now we are sequenced.Talell wrote:Yeah, because 30 rejects per batch is obscene.Stormproof wrote:The new ones reject so much.
I think would that is around 3 batches, so 30 *3 = 90 rejects approx, around a quarter of a perstop? if the figures I get are any indication (and I have some of the worse figures in my unit).TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Just in my section of 30 odd duties we get 2 yorkies of sequenced mail
Whoa, wait, what? that's around 1~k, how the heck are they managing that? short of feeding mail backwards, or refeeding out of sequence, or putting mail for the wrong batch in.Yet we get 5 trays of CCS Reject Auto Billed every day
wave 2? Seriously? the offices we currently sequence to wave 2 in my unit, walks only get a handful of letters, I've had one get 2 letters. Fair enough the reject rate on w2 is higher because the codes are really crap (seriously, should see the state of some of them, iirc the wcm MC's have the worst codes) How is your A+ data? get your manager to talk to your CRAMP planner, worst comes to worst, goto the office and clean the machines yourself, because the operators aren't doing their jobs properly3 - 5 trays of the CCS Rejects in the last run just before release time
No idea, I assumed it meant it went straight to IPS in the DO, without needing to be recorded/weighedBy the way beyond the obvious what does "CSS Reject Auto Billed" actually mean - are the parasites charged extra when the CCS machine rejects their mail.
Just a FYI, they are looking to turn that AI function off, since things are currently not being billed correctly (stuff getting billed twice, some not at all etc)Auto billed means any response service items (BR/freepost) in there have already been billed and do not need manual entry at the DO
there is no technical limitation on batch sizes, there however is a guideline on batch sizes for operator comfort, which is 5k, however I have ran batches around 8.5k before.fishtank wrote:It's not what the CSS machines can do that seems to be the problem,it would appear to my untrained eye to be the limitation on what and how much can go through a batch coupled with the much longer time it takes to sequence compared to walksort..
We don't seem to get a lot of rejects but we do seem to get two kinds of manual now.
Stuff that could have gone through but there was no time and stuff that the machines just can't deal with because it's too thin/thick/odd shaped or covered in plastic.
Yep thats what it says on the perstop. Mind you today we only had 3 in total over the 2 waves (1 on the last wave) so perhaps its getting better.Whoa, wait, what? that's around 1~k, how the heck are they managing that? short of feeding mail backwards, or refeeding out of sequence, or putting mail for the wrong batch in.
Are you 100% sure they are CSS rejects because that is insane.